Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by switchback, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Nicky

Nicky On The Road Less Traveled Premium Member

You guys may not know it, but Snaredrum is the Prime Minister of pedalphilia.

I, too, suffer from a lesser form known as fuzzaneedum. My uncontrollable desires are limited solely to germanium inspired boxes, with a hint of silicon.

Oh, I do have an Ethos on order...:shock:

Hector Arcadius and snaredrum like this.
  2. snaredrum

snaredrum V.I.P. Member

i may love pedals, but man you like ones with lots of switches and dials... your Ethos plus your empress will be more dials than i have on my entire board, i swear! :laugh2:

thinkgreen likes this.
  3. Gibsonblues

Gibsonblues Senior Member

I've heard of that disease friend..... you need help like rest of us, g :thumb: I'm trying to decide between an MJM London Fuzz or the Fulltone 69 MKII. I'd be happy with either of those. I definitely prefer germanium to silicon though .... GB

gibsonguitar1988 likes this.
  4. gibsonguitar1988

gibsonguitar1988 Senior Member

Me too wholeheartedly! I'm a germanium dude. I'm trying to decide if I get a fuzz if I want the '69 Fulltone MkII or the Analogman Sunface Red Dot.... Decisions, decisions. :laugh2:

Dougj and Gibsonblues like this.
  5. Gibsonblues

Both of those look to be great pedals and I think you should get both :thumb: Cuts down on the decision process, g.... :laugh2: GB

gibsonguitar1988 likes this.
  6. gibsonguitar1988

Hahaha. I'll probably start with the Fulltone as I'm a Fulltone nut. I have a Plimsoul and an OCD and I want to get the Fulldrive and '69.

7. Gibsonblues

I like Fulltone and I'm glad they brought out the 69 again. Missed a chance to get one of the originals but I like the smaller size box too. Really like the MJM London Fuzz but I haven't seen one for sale locally so I'd have to hit the net for one. Checked on the Lius and it looks like it might be here tomorrow! :applause: Really didn't expect it till Monday so I'll see.... GB

kevinpaul and switchback like this.
  8. Nicky

Nicky On The Road Less Traveled Premium Member

One reason I like the Keeley Fuzz Head is ability to switch between germanium and silicon circuits in same box.

9. gibsonguitar1988

Keeley makes great stuff too. I use his 4-knob compressor and I want to get his modded Blues Driver. I was trying to decide about the BD but I think from what I've read it will work well with my amp.

10. gibsonguitar1988

Here is my current pedalboard. Still need more dirtboxes, a delay, and a phaser. And I'll probably get a new tuner as well.

[​IMG]

11. Gibsonblues

Yea that is pretty cool! Definitely a nice pedal :thumb:

12. gibsonguitar1988

I'm trying to scrape up the funds for a Keeley Blues Driver. I heard on another forum they are amp picky but really like Blackface Fenders. I really have been wanting a modded Blues Driver. I REALLY don't have the money so I'm doing my best to block it out of my mind.

Just another day in the life of a Pedalholic. :D

switchback likes this.
  13. snaredrum

snaredrum V.I.P. Member

i prefer silicon. I had the Bonnamassa fuzz face, and it was just TOO thick for a les paul.

14. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

I'm not sure who is in the worst place, you with GAS and cash or me with GAS but no cash...?:laugh2:

Family obligations have kept me away from the sport and I just spent some cash for a new amp. And I know there is one pedal I MUST get around X-Mas (a Looper pedal) and many others that I get GAS for. Decisions... decisions... :D

15. Gibsonblues

Know what you mean! My kids are now adults (23 and 26) so now it's just me and momma :naughty: It's a little easier now to pick up pedals than it used to be when they were dependent on us and living in our house. I try and not go hog wild with pedals but it ain't easy sometimes. Amps I don't buy that often so I try and get ones that I really like and that I could sell without much of a problem when needing to fund other purchases. It's a crazy scenario we are all in with this music stuff! :lol:

Hector Arcadius and switchback like this.
  16. Gibsonblues

Good point.... not all may work well across different guitar platforms .... Les Paul's, Strats, Teles....... GB

17. switchback

switchback Senior Member

What a family we are building and I must comment on the enabling ....... I would like to tell you all to save your money and be good stewards ....... make sure your bills are paid maybe buy your wives some flowers or kids some toys .......BUT you see I am sick too so I say BUY BUY BUY those PEDALS !!!!!!!!!!!! ( Ouch ! ok I am sorry honey I didn't mean it !!!)

Gibsonblues and Hector Arcadius like this.
  18. Gibsonblues

You're sick man, just plain sick!! :lol: You need some help so I'd say go out and buy a nice pedal :laugh2:

samldr1984, Leendrix and switchback like this.
  19. Leendrix

Leendrix The Cheeky One V.I.P. Member

Hello. My name is Lee Chavez. It's been almost seven months since I purchased my last pedal. I have a unique case of PAS. In which I rarely purchase pedals during the regular year. But for Christmas and my birthday... I can't help my self. Two years ago, Christmas 09' I ended up with three pedals. One of which, my Holy Stain, became my favorite pedal but for a different, special reason. And I love it! It's my only reverb pedal and I wouldn't trade it for anything! We're in love!

Then last Christmas, I asked for the either the Cantrell Wah or the Dunlop Rotovibe, and the Black Label Chorus. I COULDN'T DECIDE AT THE TIME! I COULD HAVE HAD A ROTOVIBE BEFORE THEY WERE DISCONTINUED! BUT I - (sigh) *pet the cat pet the cat*... ah... deep breath.

I love my Cantrell crybaby. It kicks the balls out of my original Dunlop crybaby.

That's my story. And, I'm not asking for pedals this Christmas. I think I'm making some progress!

20. switchback

switchback Senior Member

Welcome Lee, thank you for sharing and know you are among family and maybe Santa could find you a Rotovibe :naughty:

Leendrix likes this.