Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by switchback, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Larcos_Unal

Larcos_Unal Senior Member

Oh oh, there goes my $$$$

2. kboman

kboman Senior Member

The mini pedal thing is not going anywhere it seems.

Any other favourites from NAMM? For me it's the CBA Thermae and Empress Zoia. Very, very curious about the pitch shifting aspects of the Thermae and the Zoia speaks to me for the same reasons as the OP-1 or Organelle.

northernguitarguy likes this.
  3. gibsonguitar1988

gibsonguitar1988 Senior Member

NAMM had some cool stuff to be sure.

My list?

JHS Bonsai
    Bogner Ectasy Mini (I want the Blue)
    Friedman DP-OD and Golden Pearl
    Rockett Melody Drive and Monkey Man
    Greer Tomahawk
    EQD Westwood
    MXR Sugar Drive (yes, it's MXR but it looks like a cool K style drive for not much bones)

4. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

^^^What's wrong with MXR?

5. gibsonguitar1988

I like them...I just thought most around here were booteek heads like me. ;)

They make good stuff, but to me I've never found something of theirs I can't live without....yet.

6. JohanHaellgren

JohanHaellgren Senior Member

Long time no see..

Finally upgraded my board with a loop/switcher. Made my life so much better!
    Im getting rid of the delay and the Beano boost and replacing them with a Ryra Klone. Im not sure what will take the DD-6s place thought.. I would kind of like a fuzz since Im not really using delay anyways.

Im happy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

Very, very nice boy! This is a great board, all around!

Oh, and I think I want that DD-6. Lets talk!

8. 73171

73171 Senior Member

I pre-ordered this from Sweetwater....(pedal GAS got me again!:laugh2:)

[​IMG]

9. kboman

kboman Senior Member

Goodness me the size of that Diezel pedal...!

Johan, what do you think of the BYOC switcher?

10. JohanHaellgren

JohanHaellgren Senior Member

It feels like a good system. Not as ergonomic as the ES8, but the footprint is much smaller! It makes some getting used to, quite a learning curve but its starting to feel better. I'll try it out att rehersal!

northernguitarguy and kboman like this.
  11. Roman4405

Roman4405 Senior Member

What's going on fellas? I sold all of my electrics, my amp and all my pedals a while back and was just playing acoustic but after a few trips to good ol' GC I decided that I really liked playing my electrics better.

I recently traded my acoustic bass for a Peavey Classic 20, very cool little amp so far, and just yesterday traded my Martin D1 for a 2011 TV Yellow Les Paul Special with P90's (my avatar). Never had a P90 guitar before but in the little time I got to mess with it yesterday I really like the sound of them.

The only pedals I have left are a TC Polytune Mini and my BuggFX Civil War clone he made me, which does sound outstanding with that combo, but I'm gonna need some new stuff soon. I'm thinking that I spent way too much money on pedals last time so I might go, mmmmmm...., let's say inexpensive instead of cheap. I know I'm gonna need a reverb, a drive or two, a delay and maybe a boost. I guess it'll be fun starting again.

12. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

I took the time to re-do my board and add some acquisitions.
    Mooer SkyVerb replaces a Tech 21 Boost RvB. The RvB pedal is fantastic for a tweaker. So much to dial in with all six sensitive controls, more than my simple needs require and the RvB is much bigger. The Mooer is a nice quiet reverb and I'm really liking it. I will use the simpler controls.

BYOC Tremelo replaces an EH Stereo Pulsar. Another score for real estate. As with the RvB, the Pulsar was way too much for my simple needs. I found the surf/cowboy pulse I use for a few covers right away. I like that the controls aren't so sensitive.

And then up top, I finally squeezed in the BuGGFX Systech Harmonic Energizer. This is a curious little pedal. I got a wicked 'dry-fart' FUZZ out of it, not something I'd put up front in a band, but it would make for a cool percussive element. It also sounded like a Moserite Fuzzbrite clone after some ear fatigue.
    [​IMG]

X–Ray, WhiteEpiLP, efstop and 3 others like this.
  13. Roman4405

Roman4405 Senior Member

I might need to try out a Bad Monkey. I've heard nothing but good things for years.

14. kboman

kboman Senior Member

Check out TC Electronic, they've got a bare bones series out now as well as the Toneprint line.

Roman4405 and northernguitarguy like this.
  15. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

So, it's just your luck that I happen to own a MIA one, that I don't use... ;)
    I will send a PM with details.

Roman4405 and northernguitarguy like this.
  16. 73171

73171 Senior Member

Pedal GAS never ends..bought a Freqout, didn't like it so I returned it, sold my Empress Reverb that I've had for 2 years, bought this and I love it!

[​IMG]

X–Ray and WhiteEpiLP like this.
  17. WhiteEpiLP

WhiteEpiLP Senior Member

Love the shear amount of pedals you fit on that recycled side of a cabinet. F-ing awesome and inspirational. But part of me wants to build you a nicer looking board.:thumb:

18. gibsonguitar1988

So I'm getting ready to go on vacation...I'm actually going to be going to Florida as my usual March trip and they have 3 stores that sell pedals where I will be so I will be on the hunt. Then I get home and that weekend I'm going to a concert and will stop at another guitar store in Wisconsin that carries JHS, Wampler, Strymon, etc.

So yeah, expect NPD's soon from me. :D I love pedals...

Glad to see this thread hasn't died. When switchback and I co-created it years ago I never thought it would take on like it has. It's amazing. We have to be the biggest thread on MLP. If not, I don't know what is. LOL!

73171 likes this.
  19. gibsonguitar1988

Oh, on another note - I've been having nostalgic feelings about two pedals I never got but wish I had.

The Keeley modded Blues Driver BD-2 and the Keeley modded TS-9 Tube Screamer. The Phat mod for the BD-2 and the Mod Plus for the TS-9.

I've wanted both for years but never done it. Maybe I'll get my sorry butt on Reverb one of these days and get one finally. I want an actual Keeley one, just because although I know other guys are doing his mods now. I have a Keeley RAT that I REALLY like. I always thought Keeley's mod to the BD-2 sounded better than others because it added some thickness to it while still not midhumped like a TS pedal. I definitely will own one, someday...:p

kboman, Roman4405 and 73171 like this.
  20. WhiteEpiLP

WhiteEpiLP Senior Member

Picked up a Mesa Throttle Box EQ yesterday. I love the sound of a dual rectifier but cant have that in my condo. Well atleast not with out the cops showing up.
    This pedal nails it, it has a hi/lo switch and the classic 5 band eq and the ability to add the eq to either or both channels at the same time. For the most part I'll use it for full gain hi mode when i want to melt my face.
    Low side sounds like a Boogie High side sounds like a Dual Rec. So far it has great bedroom volume high gain sound through my blues jr. Rented a jam space with some friends last night and played it through a Trannor 2x12 (very clean amp with lots of headroom) and it sounded great.
    For me its a good cheaper way to have some Mesa tone. Kicked the Big Muff off my board, fuzz isnt doing for me right now. Though i kinda wanna try a Muffuletta.

Roman4405 and 73171 like this.