Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by switchback, Oct 7, 2011.

1. kboman

kboman Senior Member

I mean...

Hector Arcadius likes this.
  2. st.bede

st.bede V.I.P. Member

3. st.bede

st.bede V.I.P. Member

I am now very interested in the Fuzz Mutant.

kboman likes this.
  4. kboman

kboman Senior Member

It's on my Top 3 list of pedals to buy (the others being the BA Zippy and the upcoming PTD Tornita KS2).

5. Eric R

Eric R Member

couple of weeks ago I posted that this tread made me want to buy a T-rex Mudhoney.

So I did :) HNPD :)

trex.jpg

JohnnyN, lakeburst, efstop and 3 others like this.
  6. UKPortista

UKPortista Senior Member

I put my Flashback to the sword to make way for the Strymon DIG...

[​IMG]

...the lush 80s tones you can get from this thing are off-the-hook. What a great sounding delay pedal.

7. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

I received my first Bugg FX pedal this week (lucky enough to make a trade with Rob). It's basically the one side of the Mutron BiPhase, a 6-stage optical phaser. You can hear a couple of samples recorded by the man himself here:

https://soundcloud.com/wobbybird/op1a
    https://soundcloud.com/wobbybird/op1b

[​IMG]
    So far I'm really enjoying it, phaser being one of my fave modulation sounds. And this one is different from your standard (and beloved) Phase 90. The controls seem really powerful and even by turning them mid-way, it gets pretty wacky pretty fast, offering some unique & trippy sounds. At more mild settings (everything at 9 o'clock) it offers chewy and sweet phasing. The facts that it's built really well and the paintjob is fantastic, don't hurt either! Very cool job Rob, thanks!

8. kboman

kboman Senior Member

Robert's pedals are ace. I use my Daydream constantly, both the regular modes as well as the six others in my prototype. Glitch, sample and hold, it's all useful!

9. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

A small update on the Bad Monkey, as well. Like a typical TS, it's not that great on the thing that TSs are not great at: running dirty into a clean amp. But, as far as the thing that TSs do well (push other dirt), this one does a fantastic job! Kick it in for the solo, it adds both volume & gain, as well as sustain, and takes everything where it needs to be.

Oh and I also discovered that this one is part of the limited initial run, which were made in the US, while the rest were made in China. Not that it matters as far as sound goes, but it adds a nice touch on it's (potentially...) collectible value (wishful thinking... :fingersx: ).

northernguitarguy likes this.
  10. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

I had to get the Daydream into my act. I use it on our cover of Band On The Run. I play the Linda McCartney 'synth licks' and use the DD clean for the first part and then drive it with my Cornish G2 clone for the more aggressive part. My band freaking loves this. And while I rarely get the accolades for my playing, this one has got other guitar players to come up and ask, 'What the hell was that!'

You can check it out here:

11. gibsonguitar1988

gibsonguitar1988 Senior Member

Well PGS is closing. :( That is a shame, I just bought that Majestic from them like a month ago. They were always the fastest shipper compared to Prymaxe or RGS. They were also trustworthy.

I took advantage of their warehouse sale on Reverb and got a JHS Mini Foot Fuzz. I'm seeing it a lot on Insta so I thought I'd give it a try. Sounds pretty nasty. I'll be comparing it to my Walrus Audio Contraband, which is a similar vibe. I'm looking forward to squeezing it on the board.

In other news, Rockett is making the Animal again in a Tour Series size. They bashed the original saying they were never 100 percent happy with it and that this is a much improved version without a snarl on/off switch and that the gain range is increased to make up the difference. I don't think the original Animal is bad, if it's good enough for Keith Urban it can't suck lol.

Regardless, I'll be getting one. No release date yet. I looooove Rockett, they are my favorite dirt pedal builder at this point, their stuff have replaced my ODR-1 and Mostortion, so they can't be that bad as those pedals have been mainstays for years. I love the Rockaway, soooo versatile.

dickjonesify likes this.
  12. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Old School Premium Member

Never say never, but I doubt my Mudhoney will ever leave my board :)
    How do you like yours, now the honeymoon is over?

13. Brocko

Brocko Senior Member

Yeah Rockett pedals are ace - I love the Dude although I did just knock it off my board due to the purchase of an Effectrode Blackbird. I did a side by side and the Blackbird just had that extra special sauce. So my dirt is now made up of Cali 76 comp, Pigtronix Polysaturator, Effectrode Blackbird and Supro Drive (in that order) and I have never sounded better.

st.bede likes this.
  14. kboman

kboman Senior Member

How is the clean channel on the Blackbird?

15. Brocko

Brocko Senior Member

Yeah its nice and a good pedal base. I tend to have the dirty channel set not too hot anyway so it tends to give a different flavour to one of the other drives i'm using. It has 3 band eq so its plenty tweakable - very fender blackface

kboman likes this.
  16. kboman

kboman Senior Member

Cool. A Blackbird and say one of those Mooer cab IR loaders would be a pretty nifty pair...

dickjonesify likes this.
  17. Brocko

Brocko Senior Member

I havent heard good things about those new Mooer amp modelers - maybe the cab IR thing is better - anyway, the Empress pedals have cab sims built in

kboman likes this.
  18. kboman

kboman Senior Member

I'd like it independent Ifni went with this solution, pre-delay/reverb/looper. There's always Neunaber, GFI and Torpedo but I'm not sure they do IR loading. I really like my Hiwatt cab!

19. Brocko

Brocko Senior Member

Just picked up a Supro Tremolo - it is now my fave trem ahead of the Moog Trem

20. smoke eater

smoke eater Senior Member

Here's my embarrassing list of pedals I've purchased this year.

Bogner La Grange
    Arc Effects Klone V2
    Timmy
    Mythos Daedalus
    JHS the @
    Keeley Filaments
    Barber Gain changer (for sale)
    Mythos modded Boss DS-1 (for sale)
    Friedman Be-OD (sold)
    Friedman DS (sold)
    Gurus 1959dd (sold)
    JRAD Animal (sold)
    Klon KTR (sold)
    Bogner Burnley (sold)
    Bogner Wessex (sold)
    Timmy (sold)
    JHS @ (sold)
    JHS Charlie Brown v4 (sold)
    JHS All American (sold)
    JHS Morning Glory (sold)
    Fulltone OCD (sold)
    Basic Audio Scarab (sold)
    Vic Audio 73 rams head (sold)
    Xotic RC boost (sold)
    Xotic sp (sold)

I thought I was doing Ok until I started writing this list lol.