Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by switchback, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

So, how's everyone doing...?

It's been a while, so with some b'day cash available, I ordered me one of those:

[​IMG]

That should cover all and any looper needs for the main board....

2. gibsonguitar1988

gibsonguitar1988 Senior Member

So I really like the Way Huge Saucy Box. It's my favorite of theirs and I've got it dialed so good it kicked both the Archer and the Tumnus out of my "Klone spot" for now. I really love it.

Here's my latest rig o' doom.

[​IMG]

3. coupe89

coupe89 Senior Member

Just got a Vox V847A in today

kboman and gbroadhurst like this.
  4. gibsonguitar1988

I've been laughing at a memory from two years ago. I had my gallbladder surgery and I woke up with the nurse in the recovery room telling me "You are too sweet, thank you". and "Has anyone ever told you how sweet you are"...

It just now dawned on me: what the actual f##k did I tell her when I CLEARLY was not awake all the way and unable to remember. I don't know why I didn't think of this before now, all I could think of was that was called sweet.

Evidentally my flirting game is better when I'm under the influence of anesthetics. Greaaaat.

5. dickjonesify

dickjonesify Senior Member

:lol::rofl::h5:

gibsonguitar1988 likes this.
  6. kboman

kboman Senior Member

Hahaha! That's amazing Austin, clearly you need to get absolutely sh!tfaced at the next gig so you can score a groupie ;)

7. gibsonguitar1988

Or under the effects of Propofol, either will work probably.

kboman likes this.
  8. Hector Arcadius

(F)artsy shot of the main board, while waiting for the Ditto X4 to show up:

[​IMG]

Occasionally, the wah joins on the side (not too often).

9. kboman

kboman Senior Member

Sweet stuff, P!

Hector Arcadius likes this.
  10. gibsonguitar1988

Nice Hec!

That Animal is a killer pedal.

I am going to be getting a Rockett Majestic soon. I love the .45 Caliber and the Animal, the Majestic is supposed to be more like the Animal than the .45 is.

Hector Arcadius likes this.
  11. Hector Arcadius

It is fantastic. All my guitars love it. It seems to have the right balance of compression to be used eiither as a rhythm or a lead pedal, which is rather rare IME. I will check out the Majestic too, that I wasn't aware off.

gibsonguitar1988 likes this.
  12. Mr. Satchmo

Mr. Satchmo Senior Member

Since I last talked to you guys, I have purchased an eventide H9 harmonizer

LOL

gbroadhurst and kboman like this.
  13. kboman

kboman Senior Member

Happy new additions to my fellow addicts!

14. gbroadhurst

gbroadhurst Premium Member

Nice, excellent piece of gear

Mr. Satchmo likes this.
  15. elephantrider

elephantrider Senior Member

new toy.

[​IMG]

kboman likes this.
  16. Brocko

Brocko Senior Member

The Animal is discontinued now......i expect there are a fair few knocking about though

17. gibsonguitar1988

Oh yeah. I have one. I'm just wanting the Majestic to compare it to the Animal and the .45 Caliber I have. I'm all abotut Marshall in a Box pedals, never a bad one but lots of different takes on the similar vibe.

18. gibsonguitar1988

Ok, so I haven't been around a ton in recent times, been getting better but here's two whopper posts with some updates and a confession. Here's the first one. The confession.

Confession:

Last Saturday I played with some friends in a non-gig format literally at a family party at one of the musician's house. I decided to do something so freaking unbelievable I can't even believe it.

I took 1, read it and weep, 1 pedal. And I took my Tweed Deluxe. And a Custom Shop Les Paul.

I was not asked to downsize, this guy told me to bring whatever as the stage was big on his land. We were really going to jam more than anything. I've been there many times, but with my board.

I used the Way Huge Saucy Box into the Tweed Deluxe cranked up to right before it gets mushy, and used the pedal to boost my solos as the amp tends to cave in after a certain point on the dial.

I ended up leaving the Saucy Box on and playing with the volume knob. GASP!!! 6-8 for rhythm, dimed for lead.

I would call it a revelation as I'm not committing to changing my rig yet. I probably won't.

But I had some killer tone and it just sounded like classic rock in a box. I was digging it.

So that's my confession. I'm certainly not going to ditch using dirtboxes into a clean amp, but damnit when the mood strikes or it's called for (straight up rock no frills roll), I'm cool with it.

The only thing I missed was a little echo here and there but man, I loved that tone.

Also a protip for people with small amps that cave in completely cranked, take your amp to the highest number without that happening, take a Saucy Box, take most if not all of the gain away and turn the level up and BOOM. Tweed magic without becoming a Fuzztone. I was shocked.

19. gibsonguitar1988

Ok, so now some updates starting with the newest first.

Tonight I was in another town that has a GC for a doctor appointment. They normally have nothing but BOSS and MXR, not even Way Huge. They had a freakin' Friedman BE-OD in there AND on sale for 30 dollars off in store only. Of course, I took the plunge. I haven't had a chance to run through it yet, but I couldn't pass up a deal on that. So I will report back tomorrow on it.

My next pedals I want are the Friedman Dirty Shirley, Rockett Majestic, Line 6 M9, Eventide H9 (yes both the M9 and H9), and maybe the Rockett GTO. I might also consider an analog delay, either a JHS Pink Panther or Walrus Audio ARP-87, for some cool vibes. I was considering the big box JHS drive (either the Sweet Tea or the Double Barrel) but I think I'll hold off. I do kinda want the Charlie Brown V4 though but at some point I should find a MIAB and stick with it but not yet.

I'm also considering getting a Friedman amp next year to add to the fold. It won't happen until later next year but I'm wanting the Dirty Shirley. I'm going to get the OD pedal to tide me over til then. I think it will take boosts and low gainers nice and be a good classic rock amp, kinda like the Tweed but more power and of course, the Marshall thing. I would use it broken up with boost.

My own jam is coming up September 30, which is my annual Ausfest jam/fest. Then I have some sporadic gigs in October and I'll be done jamming for the year. To get all the guys in a room to jam or gig only happens during the late summer and that's it sadly. Everyone is busy these days. I will take my big rig, but I might get a wild hair up my butt and take an A/B box and use the Tweed with the pedal on it so I can have both kinds of tone. We shall see friends. We shall see. The only problem with hauling a lot of gear for fun is, you have to haul it back and it's not as fun. :p

I think that's it for now. My big gear purchase around Christmas isn't going to be gear this year. I think I'm going to get a new MacBook Pro. Mine's not extremely old but I want to go from a 13 inch screen to a 15 inch screen and from 8GB RAM to 16GB RAM. I want to do some FCPX stuff.

dickjonesify, kboman and gbroadhurst like this.
  20. gbroadhurst

gbroadhurst Premium Member

DD-500 in da house. Making a return to my board, also waiting on the RV-500.

[​IMG]