Pedal Acquisition Syndrome PAS group

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by switchback, Oct 7, 2011.

1. switchback

switchback Senior Member

Hi my name is Quinn (switchback) and it has been 3 days since my last pedal purchase :wow:

I wanted to start a thread co-founded with Gibsonguitar1988 for us who through deranged rationalization go into a spending frenzy and will no doubt buy the latest pedal instead of paying the bills or spending the savings of hard earned money that was meant for a more favorable purchase only to buy the newest pedal advertised and at a GREAT price no doubt. If I could have back the money I have spent I could have payed off 1/5 of the national debt :shock: ....well maybe not that much but you get the point ........ so chime in and share the love ........ tell us your story :applause:

2. Hawksquat

Hawksquat Senior Member

Uh......might wanna change the name of your group to pedalholics.............
    pedaholics sounds like somethin' REALLY evil.

SilverBurps likes this.
  3. switchback

switchback Senior Member

:laugh2: true true thanks !

Mustard Caps likes this.
  4. st.bede

st.bede V.I.P. Member

you have to change that name...

5. switchback

switchback Senior Member

There ...sheesh

6. st.bede

st.bede V.I.P. Member

I do not have a problem. I use all of my pedals all the time just take a look at my board (I do have to watch out for landing planes but other then that the tone is awesome): [​IMG]

7. switchback

switchback Senior Member

:wow: :applause: thanks for playing !

8. st.bede

st.bede V.I.P. Member

quite attacking me, it is my wife that has the problem... I am not defensive and, I never buy a pedal from a stranger on the street. (humor)

switchback likes this.
  9. gibsonguitar1988

gibsonguitar1988 Senior Member

Hi, my name is Austin (gibsonguitar1988) and it has been 5 days since I ordered/bought my last pedal and 1 day since I received my last pedal. I'm already feeling the symptoms of withdrawl and feel the need to order more. I'm insatiable and always looking for something new, never content with what I have. I am obsessed.

In the last 3 months, I've bought the following pedals:

Fulltone PlimSoul
    Keeley 4-Knob Compressor
    Lovepedal Les Lius
    MXR '78 Distortion
    MXR Classic Overdrive

I'm am pedal obsessed to the point of illness. But I refuse to do anything about it. Over the summer, I went to Nashville and spent $1,000 on boutique/high end pedals at Rock Block Guitars. I go to bed at night dreaming of overdrive/distortion/boost pedals. I spend a lot of time looking at them online and listening to demos. I get wood at the sight and sound of a dirtbox. I drool over boutique effects and I am obsessed with amp-in-a-box pedals and drives. I'm an impulsive guy who is obsessed with dirt pedals in particular. I need help! All I ever buy anymore is pedals, pedals, pedals. It seems like it's all I ever think about. I have 15 dirtboxes and 12 of them are on my pedalboard. I will not play without them. I am strongly attached to them. I have a list of pedals I want to get that is as long as the Declaration of Independence and I cross them off as I get them. But I never have all that I want. I am INSATIABLE!!!!!! I decided at Christmas instead of getting a Custom Shop guitar, to just buy a bunch of pedals instead. Yes folks, I'm sick. These painted/screened metallic boxes with wires, transistor chips, resistors, and capacitors in them have got me all hot and bothered.

HELP!

10. Gibsonblues

Gibsonblues Senior Member

Hello, my name is Tony, aka, Gibsonblues... I too have an illness, an illness of craving pedals. Cheap to boutique, I like em! Only thing is they have to sound good or interesting to me. Yes my wife hates them, hates them passionately and usually forbids me to satisfy my craving for these small boxes of magic, calling my name like a siren. :shock: Damn, that's sick :naughty: I find my ways though, g :lol: I doubt I will ever overcome this illness and yes, even now, I feel the need to go order er buy a... um....uh.... Later guys :dude:

11. gibsonguitar1988

I figure this is a good place to post my Pedal wish list. It isn't hugely long, but it's longer than most I bet.

Dirt:

BearFoot FX Honey Bee (this pedal has a very thick sound that reminds me of a Tweed Champ or some cranked combo)
    Wampler Black '65 (another great pedal that has a very gritty sound and sounds like the perfect cranked Deluxe Reverb)
    Wampler Hot Wired (this pedal has two drives in one and has the ability to run both together for distortion and is barky)
    Wampler SLOstortion (a great higher gain thick sounding distortion emulating a Soldano amplifier)
    Wampler Pinnacle (a great Marshall Brown sound in a box type of distortion that is great hard rock sound)
    Fulltone Fulldrive II MOSFET (another versatile overdrive that also has a boost function and very Tubescreamer based)
    Catalinbread Formula No 5 (a great Tweed Deluxe in a box type of pedal for Tweed Fender cranked tone)
    Keeley modified Blues Driver (a very transparent low gain overdrive and boost that I hear works well with Blackface Fenders)
    Ibanez TS-808 (a great reissue of the classic 808 Tubescreamer for a great tubelike overdrive)
    BOSS OD-3 Overdrive (the best of the BOSS dirt pedals that needs no mods and has no fizz and it has a thick warm tone)
    Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret MkII (an improvement over the first version which I happen to own and it has a Marshally tone)
    BOSS FB-2 Feedbacker Booster (a great boost pedal with the option of creating amplike feedback but has a boost and midboost)

Other Effects:

MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay (a great warm analog delay for slapback echo I like)
    TC Electronics PolyTune Tuner (a great tuner that is reliable and is accurate unlike my current one)
    MXR Phase 90 Script Reissue (a nice lush phaser that will work for my modulation needs as I don't like a lot of it)

Pedals I have on order:

Paul Cochrane Tim Overdrive (I have this on a waiting list and my pedal should be done by November so this pedal is pretty much already a given that I will get this pedal)

Pedals coming out in the future I'm interested in:

Wampler "Tweed" Overdrive (this is a pedal Brian Wampler is working on to emulate the sound of a cranked Tweed amp)
    Wampler Keith Urban Overdrive (this is another pedal Brian is working on as a signature pedal for Keith Urban with no other details right now but I'm very interested regardless as I love Keith's tone and I have a feeling it'll be KILLER!)

Pedals I have to get modded:

Analogman Silver Mod With True Bypass (Ibanez TS-9)

Gibsonblues and switchback like this.
  12. switchback

switchback Senior Member

Hi St.bede, Austin and Tony welcome and thank you for sharing is there anyone else willing to step forward :)

13. switchback

switchback Senior Member

Good God MAN ! YOU are way worse than I thought :wow::laugh2: I love it !

Miroku1226 and gibsonguitar1988 like this.
  14. gibsonguitar1988

I'm telling you - it's an ILLNESS..... :laugh2: Dirt pedals are my weakness. I just start salivating at the sounds of an old school sounding overdrive pedal...

15. Gibsonblues

Dude, you are sick! :lol: I feel healthy compared to you, g..... :applause: Seriously, outstanding collection :)

MUSTANGCAT and switchback like this.
  16. gibsonguitar1988

That's just my wish list of stuff I want to get. :D

My actual pedals I own are on another list, LOL. I'll post a pic tonight around the time I upload my LL demo.

17. Gibsonblues

That would be one nice collection! :thumb: Okay, you're still sick though, :D We all need help, .......... getting another stompbox :applause: Dang better get off, the wife just pulled up :laugh2: Actually she's pretty sweet :D Great thread..... GB

switchback likes this.
  18. firesgt911

firesgt911 Senior Member

You guys are silly. I don't have a problem. I can quit anytime...

DucksteinO, TeaForTwo, juse and 6 others like this.
  19. snaredrum

snaredrum V.I.P. Member

i like the name pedalphilia.

Slappy2x, Crutch, Actinic and 4 others like this.
  20. Gibsonblues

Denial :thumb: It's okay brother.... :)

DucksteinO and Hector Arcadius like this.