Peavey T-60: Dead Tone Pot Question

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Unpoopenzoid, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Unpoopenzoid

Unpoopenzoid Junior Member

So I got this old Peavey T-60 from my uncle, who got it from my other uncle, who got it from my dad, who got it from some guy in the 80s who used to go to parties and play "Cocaine" all night long. Great story eh? Pics below for your enjoyment. Anyway, the guitar works great, its all set up, has a bone nut, and I love the phase switch and the humbucker to single coil tone pots. There is one problem however: the bridge p/u tone pot works from 10-7 (Which on a T-60 goes from single coil [10] to humbucker [7]), however from 7-1 the pot does nothing (it should work like a normal tone pot, the neck p/u works this way). I know nothing about wiring guitars, especially something different like this, so I'm wondering if any of you guys could help me out or point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
    Harrison

P.S. Found a wiring diagram on google, I don't know if it'll help or not though.

Attached Files:

2. old mark

old mark Senior Member

Here's the link to the T60 Mafia site that will give you all the info on Peavey T series guitars... t60mafia.com

They are really great instruments and very underrated...(I own a T25 and a T15-I like their scales better than the Fender scale of the '60.)

Mark

Added: Chip Todd (The designer and the "T" of the T series Peavey guitars) is a member and frequent contributor to the T60 forum.

3. Unpoopenzoid

Unpoopenzoid Junior Member

Thanks I'll check it out

4. wild turkey

wild turkey Senior Member

Great Guitars
    sorry i ever sold my one !