Peavey patriot wiring issue

Discussion in 'Tonefreaks' started by OHIOSTEVE, Jan 11, 2017.

1. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

I recently got a peavey patriot. The pickguard was busted and no strings etc. I just got it all back together and it had a 2 way toggle so i removed that and put in a 3 way toggle. Everything is working but in the bridge or neck position it has a pretty bad buzz. Middle position is quiet. Bizzing does not diminish when I touch metal on the guitar. I havent wired a lot of guitars but this one has a capacitor on the ground. There is actually a pocket under the bridge it lays in so I think its stock. Any ideaz on the buzzing

2. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

never mind... I was testing it through my blackstar fly on batteries... just plugged it into my regular amp amd dead quiet,,,,,, EXACTLY opposite of a guitar a few weeks ago that was quiet as a mouse on the blackstar and noisy on an AC amp.

3. freefrog

freefrog Senior Member

It"s probably a "safety cap", inserted between the ground and bridge in order to prevent lethal electric shocks potentially due to some amp failure...

There's something like that here: https://www.talkbass.com/attachments/jpgt45-jpg.56532/