Payless guitar has been taken down

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by blaze_022, Dec 2, 2008.

1. zplapplap

zplapplap Senior Member

I don't think pyrrhic victory is the word you're looking for.

2. dennistruckdriver

dennistruckdriver V.I.P. Member

of or relating to or resembling Pyrrhus or his exploits (especially his sustaining staggering losses in order to defeat the Romans); "a Pyrrhic victory"
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

3. GNR4EVR

GNR4EVR Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

I have emailed them several times with no response, but I am satisfied with that. Its quite possible that while they hunt these people down and lock them up, they dont want anyone to know any info on whats happening. I know I wouldnt. And it seems they are doing just that.
    Says a lot about what we do here.:)

4. GNR4EVR

Ok, so... here we go.. You had to invest just HOW MUCH into that fake crap Chinese knock-off to make it sound worth a Sh*t?
    I rest my case...

5. Gunner

Gunner CEO Teen Axe Leader V.I.P. Member

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Some people just don't get it Bro! Don't waste your breath on the likes of him. If people want to assist criminal fraudsters there is not much we can do. Keep helping the honest people from being duped my friend and ignore those who are criminally complicit in copyright infringement and fraud.

6. jimmyq

jimmyq Senior Member

My guess would be at the poster who resurrected this long dead thread (Kwest) is in some way affiliated with the the Chinese fake guitar industry. There has also been Kwest related spam in another thread, I wonder if it is related....

Let's not feed the troll.

7. GNR4EVR

This is his first post, so I dont think so, but I wouldnt doubt for a minute what youre saying about him being one of the sellers.

8. zplapplap

zplapplap Senior Member

There is no pyrrhic victory unless there is an associated cost that is, in the end, much greater than what was gained in taking the site down. A futile action that is ultimately of no consequence cannot accurately be described as a pyrrhic victory.

9. River

River Senior Member

What's futile, exactly? Trying to stop crime of any kind is ultimately a futile effort. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try, does it?

I heard (literally, so I can't quote a source) that the Feds confiscated $250M worth of counterfeit merchandise last year. Items ranging from pharmaceuticals to handbags to goodness-knows-what. That's probably the tip of an iceberg, but I don't think that means counterfeiters should be allowed to run amok.

10. dennistruckdriver

Imagine some unsuspecting senior citizen, trying to get by on a very limited budget, and trying to save some money by buying less-expensive prescription drugs, to discover they are only placebos. It could be life-threatening in some instances.
    I say we do our small part to try to stem this tide. Who knows? Perhaps some of the perpetrators who are selling counterfeit guitars are also selling fake drugs.

11. foamer

foamer Junior Member

I have a little story about these guys, I have read threads about them on here a year or two ago but now that I see they are back in buisness (without fakes). I was reminded to tell the story. My Brother after much research and saving his money which he has very little of these days had decided to buy a Les Paul (he's quite a good long time guiter player and owns other high end $2,000+ guitars). One came up on ebay in Australia and looked all good etc so he bought it, it had 2 emg pickups in it and was about $1500. Anyway the guitar arrived and he was all about how it was the best sounding guitar ever and best guitar to play he has etc etc, he was very happy with it and raved about it to everyone.

Sometime later we realised it was a fake, I mean it's a very good fake and we had done research beforehand and it was still very hard to tell. I figured out it was from payless guitars and got in contact with the owner and he confirmed it was one of theirs. I told him he was doing a bad thing too!:) but he didn't want to know about it or take any responsibility.

Anyway we tried half heartedly to get the money back from the ebay seller but they just dissapeared off the planet and he didn't really want to give the guitar back anyway. So a couple of years later he still has it and it's still the best guitar he owns, he never did get a real Les Paul so who knows maybe they are even better but then again..... maybe not. So in some ways while it's dissapointing to spend $1500 on a guitar you can (could) buy for $200 and we were totally pissed off about geting a fake, I also can see the point Kwest made because it definatly doesnt play or sound like a $200 or even $1000 guitar. That's just the opinion of someone who actually got stung really badly from this and owns one of these rather than just assumes what they are like

12. Shawn Fate

Shawn Fate Senior Member

someone report madeinchina.com

13. teeloh

teeloh Senior Member

Not really, no. No country, not even China, has a mortgage over manufacturing.

14. dennistruckdriver

Hello, Mr. One Post....welcome! Where have you been all this time? This post is MANY months old!:rolleyes:

15. foamer

foamer Junior Member

Yep, and more months old now :) I don't even play guitar myself, I only signed up to tell the story that's all. Been another year now my brother still likes this fake guitar alot, but still unhappy he doesn't have a real one

16. Wickedlester

Wickedlester Senior Member

So in the coming months can we look forward to you telling us how your brother loves his pressed plywood guitar and how nobody can tell? :naughty:

Ooooh, I can't wait.

17. River

River Senior Member

So, how many accounts do you have here? I see a pattern emerging.

[​IMG]

18. Toris93

Toris93 Senior Member

Hehe, Singlecuts comments make me laugh, in a sad kinda way.

also, people who cant hear difference in plywood and mahogony tone-wood, should not play music since the obviously dont have any ears.

What i don`t get is why the chinese makers just start an original legit brand!?
    they have the work power and the money...doesnt seem like they are long term thinkers. probably my naive 16 year old mind lol.

19. TeleDog

TeleDog V.I.P. Member

I'd say a few people are fooled into buying those things thinking they'll get a real Gibson. Lots of people do buy the guitars so they can brag and pretend and play games.

See? I got a Gibson and I paid 5K for it, I'm rich, I'm better than you are, not only one but I own 5 Gibsons, see? That's the game, make believe, but reality remains. The only people being fooled are those who are now out of the money and only have a piece of shit to show for. Joke's on them.

20. Wickedlester

Wickedlester Senior Member

This.

It isn't as if they are selling the fakes for big bucks. They sell them for cheap and a third party might sell them for the big bucks. When you buy one you are really only impressing somebody who knows nothing about guitars in the first place. :hmm:

Yeah clicking and reporting a guy trying to rip off an unsuspecting buyer is wasting time, almost as bad as a long drawn out post, actually your third in this thread, saying you wish you had the time to waste on something that had little...... :cool: