Payless guitar has been taken down

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by blaze_022, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Sinmastah

Sinmastah Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

:h5:

2. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH V.I.P. Member

Gibson was suppose to have someone from headquarters get in touch with me on this issue back in June , well it's now December & still no word. Nailing & pin pointing these guys is as simple as a isp from us but :rolleyes:.

3. Sinmastah

Ugh. Thats too bad to hear.

4. Bandit79

Bandit79 Senior Member

Samin is down as well :)

5. Gunner

Gunner CEO Teen Axe Leader V.I.P. Member

They'll be back, unfortunately.

6. singlecut

singlecut Senior Member

TRue, but back in the 70's when they had all the imports from japan, nobody from what i remember was doing this type of thing.sure there was no internet, but same type of thing.
    and now look at those same guitars that came here on the down low.
    it's hard for me to imagine anyone having the time to search ebay for fake guitars,but it appears they do.
    so while your at it, shouldn't you report all the aria's, ibanez, ect 70's counterfit guitar too?
    i mean they are copies of gibson guitars.and gibson REALLY didn't want those here, unlike the crap that is out there now ,.that it appears they could careless about payless
    why do you just concentrate on chineese guitars, sure they suck,but if your going to be the ebay police,don't you really want to rid the world of all fake guitars?
    maybe your chineese girl friend dumped ya?
    hey more power to ya , if you really think it matters go for it.best of luck, i hope they give you a medal.
    i'm sure this is very important these days to rid the world of the scurge of fake guitars.
    i just wish i had tha much time to waste on something that had little or no meaning to me or the world in general.
    go get em,and thank you , i feel so much safer at night knowing there are people protecting me from the evil fake guitars.
    perhaps we should pull the troops out of iraq for this 1,as it appears this is the real threat to our homeland security

7. Csharp

Csharp Senior Member

Those Japanese copies had their own name on the headstock, not Gibson, not Fender, not PRS, Rickenbacher, Gretch, Ibanez, Tokai,........etc. They(the Chinese) are COUNTERFEIT, plain and simple.

Apparently you do have time for the meaningless. You selling these fakes on the side? Your post reads like somebody pissed in your Lucky Charms.

8. jomo

jomo V.I.P. Member

Bro, with all due respect, you are missing the point. I personally don't like the "ibanez's" "aria" etc etc, but that's a different beef. We're talking about companies that put a trade marked name on their p.o.s. That is "stealing" the Gibson name on top of the design. And that is against the law (copyright infringement). I for one don't go searching ebay or what ever but when I do stumble across one, I report it.

9. Sinmastah

Why are we not doing anything about 70's fakes. Well jeeze. Maybe because its 2008, and they are't faking 1970's guitars. Why are we not going for fake ibanez's, because I don't know what they look like. Guess what. You can sit on your chair, going to MLP, living your life and playing guitar. The least you can do is offer some sort of support for the other members here who are trying to help. No. You have to sit on your chair, living your life, doing nothing to help the cause which is fine. But no, you take it one mroe step, and flame people for trying to help. Why? Either support, or don't say anything. Thanks.

10. LPCollector

LPCollector V.I.P. Member

Hey guys....I kind of think I know where Singlecut is coming from.

The real truth is that these company's selling and making fakes are feeding on two things. Lack of knowledge and GREED.

It is great that you guy's are looking out for others......but shouldn't the buyer be more educated before they spend good money on something? I work too hard for my money to be stupid with it....as I am sure you guy's do too. I refuse to buy a high end Strat because I don't know enough about them......and until I learn about them.....I won't buy one. If you are unknowledgeable on a product......you should be buying brand new from an authorized dealer of that product.

It is also Caveat Emptor when someone thinks that they can get a $5k guitar for $800....remember the old addage of "if something seems too good to be true.....it probably isn't true?

To call out a high dollar or vintage fake is very admirable and apperciated........but, personally, the fake Epi threads seem a little silly to me. If one can't tell a fake Epi...then they should save a little more and buy new.

This is not criticism of anyone.....just a different view of the situation.
    Please remember this opinion is worth what you paid for it.

11. kernelofwisdom

kernelofwisdom V.I.P. Member

If only he'd said it like that.

12. Sinmastah

You have a valid point. I don't want to help people who try to save 4k by buying these things and then they wonder how they got scammed. You can also buy new epis, the fact of the matter is new epis are faked. You can buy new or used, but in reality if you buy new you are most likely to buy fake. Why is not calling out epiphones appreciated? We are saving people who are most likely to get scammed becaue they are not as familar with guitars etc. Buyers are ot eduacated, that is why we eduacate them. You can go look at the Fake Epiphone thread and see how many people we have helped.

13. LPCollector

LPCollector V.I.P. Member

You missed something I wrote........"authorized dealer".

If a Gibson/Epiphone authorized dealer is getting and selling fakes.........we have MUCH bigger problems!............ and this info should be going directly to Gibson/Epiphone.......not just here.

Again, if an uneducated person isn't buying from an authorized dealer.......then we probably can't help them anyway.
    Trying to circumvent the dealer network to save some money (and not knowing how to spot a fake), is the greed I was talking about.....it is what these fakes depend on.

14. Sinmastah

I see, you do make a good point. People will be ignorant, and we can't help. But we can help to eduacate. And when we report things to Gibson about websites and the website is taken down, we will be proud of that, and do not appreciate people saying shit about it.

15. dennistruckdriver

dennistruckdriver V.I.P. Member

You guys have been reading that truck driver's posts too much....you are starting to sound like him.....:naughty:

(Keep it up!!!:yesway:)

16. loaded six string

loaded six string V.I.P. Member

get a clue

17. djwilbanks

djwilbanks V.I.P. Member

About?

18. GNR4EVR

GNR4EVR Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

Soo, umm, lemme guess, you dont care that Chinese fake makers are stealing American jobs? Dont we have enough going over there through outsourcing? I am out of a job because of everything going over there... Thinking you might have a skewed view...
    That was my primary purpose for starting this with Sin to begin with. In case noone has noticed, the economy is crap partly becuse of greedy CEO's shutting down their factories and sending their bulk product over there. Me losing my job is a direct representation of that, since I used to service those plants. When something is glaringly unfair and unjust and preventable and there is a solution for it, why not go to that solution? Those sites being down just might put some hard working Americans back in the plants making guitars. I wish someone could stand up for ME that way and get ME back to work.
    I just believe in doing my small part, however useless it might seem.

19. Kwest

Kwest Junior Member

My 2 cents,, I'm a Guitar Tech and I personally own 4 Les Pauls, 3 are original USA made and one is a Chinese Replica of an Ebony Black Gibson Custom with gold hardware. I will admit, with the China fake, I replaced the lousy Chinese made pickups with real USA PAFs pulled from an early 80's Les Paul Standard. I also replaced the fake grovers and installed a new bridge and real bone nut .. Plus I yanked out the cheap wiring and installed premium shielded wiring.. Out of all 4 Les Pauls,, guess which one I prefer to play and always find myself picking up ??... YUP !! Thats right .. I need say no more ..

Cheers ! :D

20. dennistruckdriver

dennistruckdriver V.I.P. Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]