patch cables

Discussion in 'Tonefreaks' started by jakeddy, May 5, 2007.

1. jakeddy

jakeddy Member

I just revamped my pedal board. I had it wired up with Horizon patch cables because that's what I has laying around. As I was changing everything I decided to rewire with George L's thinking I was doing something to help and when I hooked it up there was something that wasn't right with the tone, not as thick for one thing. I really didn't care for the sound I was getting at all but as I had been happy with the previous rig I knew it wasn't the pedals and how they interacted with the amp (I've found this to be a huge factor as a rig will smoke with one amp and suck with another IMO anyway). So, I pull the George L's out and put the Horizon's back in and my tone was back.

Or do I just have tin ears?

2. LoKi

LoKi V.I.P. Member

You never know... I always use those cheap ass patch cables between my pedals, so I couldn't say... but I did notice a HUGE difference in going from cheap leads from the guitar to first pedal, and last pedal to the amp after I bought Planet Waves cables.

Cables definitely affect your tone!

3. dogbone94

dogbone94 Senior Member

+1.. i am replacing all my patch cables also..... found a huge tone difference when i ran straight into the amp....

4. jakeddy

jakeddy Member

Been gone for a while and just checked this thread, I find it interesting PW cables were mentioned, I just got a box of their patch cables in to AB with the Horizons.

5. LoKi

LoKi V.I.P. Member

Lifetime gaurantee... the rep at a guitar show in Halifax told me that I could tow my car out of the ditch with it and they'd still replace it. I love hearing that. ;)

6. dogbone94

dogbone94 Senior Member

where can i get them?

7. jakeddy

jakeddy Member

I'd say Musician's Friend would be a good bet.