passport renewal question

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by sk8rat, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Marshall & Moonshine

Marshall & Moonshine Senior Member

Pfft. That’s like every country.
    Canada may deny it, but I have a few friends who moved here from Canada.

2. sk8rat

sk8rat Senior Member

I have an appointment with the passport agency next monday to get it expedited so looks like I will be leaving on time.

3. Marshall & Moonshine

Marshall & Moonshine Senior Member

Fwiw, I got my PP back today. I paid overnight service and renewed through mail.
    Took about a week, total.

sk8rat likes this.
  4. sk8rat

sk8rat Senior Member

so the trip is booked and I have an appointment on monday to get my passport squared away. I bought insurance just in case I dont get my passport in time and have to reschedule or cancel.

I decided on paris france. staying within walking distance from the eiffel tower. skating around paris should be super fun. cant wait to check this place out. gonna try and do all the touristy things too.
    [​IMG]

MusicIsKey and Howard2k like this.
  5. sk8rat

sk8rat Senior Member

talk about a nightmare. I got my passport and they messed up. I have two last names and they only put one. the lady asked if I wanted to change it and I asked if it was ok that way. I gave her my i.d. she went and consulted with someone and said it was fine. now I am being told I need to go back and change it. I initially thought it was my fault but I looked and it turns out I did put both on there.

this is getting expensive. im going to be in it over $40 just for parking alone. im going to be pissed if I have to pay to get it renewed again.

6. Harmony

Harmony V.I.P. Member

Get on the Eurotunnel train and visit London too :D

I know Paris quite well. Lived there for some years and took all friends and family visiting around the City. Lost count how many times I went up the Tower :laugh2:

If you know some French, use it or learn it. Believe me like many Cities in Europe, you get a better service if you try and speak their language.

sk8rat likes this.
  7. sk8rat

sk8rat Senior Member

I was going to go to london for a few days but I decided it would have been too much money. since its only about a couple hours I may go for a day. I will probably go there next year for a week or so.

I will probably be going to the tower on my first or second day at night. im not going to wait in line.

I called the hotel today and I could tell the guy who answered the phone was not impressed by my lack of speaking their language :laugh2: I tried to learn french once to talk to a foreign exchange student but she left before I learned anything.

Harmony likes this.