Parchment parts Please!!!

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop' started by glynneCicada, Dec 5, 2017.

1. glynneCicada

glynneCicada Senior Member

Hey guys. Its been a long time since I gave up on my search for Parchment parts. Pickguard, rings, toggle chip & jack plate. After spending too much money & lots of disappointment, I didnt even come close. So, feeling like my Goldtop needs a makeover, I'm back on the search. My previous adventures wielded SUPER white rings, cheap looking white parts, cream parts, shoddy handmade parts & white 'aged' parts. None of which were even close. You can get the Fender parts easy enough. But nothing for Les Paul's. Any help would be great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chasenblues

chasenblues Senior Member

Go Black?

[​IMG]

3. Danelectro

Danelectro V.I.P. Member

^^^ Hey, that looks familiar :) (it’s my 2003 BRW R7).

I have parchment material and I can make the pickguard, jack plate, toggle switch washer (minus the printing), and a set of control covers if you want them.

I don’t know of any parchment rings available. Your best bet would be to tint white rings.

You can contact me at info@mojoaxe.com

glynneCicada likes this.
  4. glynneCicada

glynneCicada Senior Member

I'm not really into the black. Looks amazing, just not for me.

5. ARandall

ARandall Senior Member

The variety of Fender stuff is due to them matching the variously aged look of originally white parts.

Gibson always had cream from the start, so parchment colour as aftermarket would be to take your guitar away from anything authentic. Which is why you'll see practically nobody doing it.
    Some of the more vintage correct parts are lighter in their cream colour, and the vintage cream bobbin and pickup ring colour is somewhat close (ivory really).