Parametric EQ

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by Burst Boy, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Burst Boy

Burst Boy Senior Member

I'm attempting to learn, understanding that nothing beats trying and experimenting but I'm not in a position to do so because I aint got no parametric EQ pedals. How does it work? Better before or after OD/Distortion? Where best placed in an effects chain? Any pedals exist?

2. Rich

Rich Non sequitur Premium Member

Don't let parametric EQs in particular throw you, treat them just like graphic EQs when it comes to your guitar set up; it's just that you can get more tweaky with a parametric. Whether before or after dirt, it depends on what you want to do. If you want to shape the sound of your guitar and response of OD/distortion, go with EQ first. If you want to tweak the the sound of your overdriven sound, EQ after (if that makes sense).

morbidalex666 likes this.
  3. morbidalex666

morbidalex666 Senior Member

Any EQ after the distortion can be quite drastic, small adjustements there go a long way.
    Large adjustements can sound unnatural and weird, which can be fun of course lol.
    I use a graphic before the dist sometimes for boosting certain mid freqs and cutting extreme highs and lows (inspired by Iron Maiden and Slayer sounds).
    Have fun!

Rich likes this.
  4. kboman

kboman Senior Member

Possibly this is helpful?

morbidalex666 likes this.