OTPG's on ebay

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by tuco, Mar 14, 2012.

1. tuco

tuco Senior Member

Noticed a set for sale. Item number 320865154320. Not mine and I don't know and have no affiliation with the seller. Just a PSA since they are hard to get.

2. fretboarder

fretboarder Senior Member

they are already up to £800!

3. Stowburst

Stowburst V.I.P. Member

I cant believe starting price was £699.00!? LMAO!!

4. Fiftywattmafia

Fiftywattmafia Senior Member

$1288 USD right now...man just not sure how I feel about that. They are the real deal for sure... but you could get a really good guitar with that money and get some nice custom wound 'buckers on this forum that'll get you close IMO.

5. Nigel Tufnel's tech

Nigel Tufnel's tech Senior Member

Apparently they belong to MLPF member BrianGT.

6. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Senior Member

Sorry guys but OTPG are old news, no longer the best, WIZZ Pickups are far better and way more affordable, reputable PAF experts are choosing WIZZ pickups over any other replica out there....:thumb:

7. nicolasrivera

WOW the seller is helping a "friend" and guess who that friend is?? BRIANGT!!! who has promised many of us a set and he has banished from this and other forums with out a clear response and not he is selling a set!! why not offer them to us in the forums???

Way to go BrianGT, nice move......

8. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Banned

I am sure anyone here on this forum or any other, can bid on them. If he only has one set to sell, imagine the flak he would get if he put them up on the forum.

9. jamman

jamman Premium Member

To the OP , thanks for the heads up .

Nico . Ya think it's his personal set ? On first glance at the thread , I do . He wants to get the most for them and this forum doesn't allow for auctions .
    I do believe that it would be difficult to say 1 pickup is better than another ,unless you have played BOTH . Which I (correct me if I'm wrong) you have not played the OTPG pups.
    Try and be fair . Also if the Wizz pups are the good why sell them ?(you did ,Yes?) I'm not saying there not , but i have never tried them. They might be the best thing since sliced bread .

3 people like this.
  10. JMV

JMV Senior Member

Nico, have you even held a set of OTPG pickups let alone played through them?

5 people like this.
  11. nicolasrivera

Yes, I get it, on. eBay he will get far more for the set, but I believe a set was sold here for more then 1,500 at one time...

I did not sold my WIZZ set individually, they went in my R8 because I believe the new owner should have them as they, for me, where the best set sound wise for that guitar. I miss them, even with a killer Throbak set with vintage magnets and real NOS wire, there is something about WIZZ that I miss a lot.

Any ways, there is a way to deal with people when you promise them a set and never delivered them, BrianGT is or was the dealer for a direct set from Bharat, he has banished with out answering, what do you ink is the appropriate way to deal with people that are waiting.....:cool:

As I have said, I don't mind the waiting, but I do mind the silence, keep us updated, just say, hey there are being made, parts are not available or what ever excuse, but not disappear like this.....

12. 59gibson

59gibson Senior Member

:wtf:

How can make those statements.:shock: Who declared them the best, who declared them no longer the best.
    What is a "PAF" expert? Knowing the components and be able to authenticate a original PAF is one thing.
    However, since many PAFs sound so different, who are these sound experts?:hmm:

My guess is that people are choosing Wizz pups over OTGP because they are more affordable, available and sound good.
    If you have or have had both sets of pups in the same guitar, then yes you could offer your opinion. However your statements above are just out there.:wtf:

1 person likes this.
  13. nicolasrivera

Yeah, it was a bold statement, I know! Sorry for that, it's not fair as I have not have my set of OTPG delivered yet. but we will see when they get here. ohh but yes, a guy that has over 8 sets of real PAF has a set of OTPG and told me they don't sound like real PAFs.:cool:

I'm just pissed at this eBay auction, if it really is a set from Brian, it's a lame move in my book.

14. decoy205

decoy205 Senior Member

Nico, I really believe you are being unfair here. Brian never promised anyone anything nor did he take anyone's money. He said he would be able to offer the pickups as they become available and he would put those who are interested on a list. NO MONEY was exchanged therefore no one can be angry, he made that VERY clear to anyone interested.
    I think one of the reasons why Bharat and many in the OTP camp are not posting that much anymore sharing their knowledge is for this very reason. People getting waaaaaaaay to angry and petty over these things.

Brian said there would be an undetermined wait IMO he has done nothing wrong.

You want a set very badly as you have expressed in the past, as many of us would like to have one. There's no reason to bash them because you were unable to score a set.

If that is the way Brian is going to be welcomed back into the forum after not posting for a while I'd stay away too.

Wizz pickups seem to be great options for PAF clones as do many others.

I hope Brian and the OTPG are well and hopefully can still get these out to people one day.

" he has banished with out answering,"
    OH and I think the word you are trying to use here is 'VANISHED' he has not been Banished from anywhere. You used it a couple of times probably a language thing. :thumb:

-John

7 people like this.
  15. Stowburst

Stowburst V.I.P. Member

:laugh2: That old chestnut!

4 people like this.
  16. nicolasrivera

John, there are more under then you know, i have exchanged many emails with him but won't post more details about it because all i want is an answer from Brian. I was promised a set to test from a personal set of his, never got them, then he became the dealer for OTPG and banished leaving us with out any news.

I don't care about the waiting time, but a periodic status update is required no matter what.

As stated, this ebay auction of a set from Brian, assuming it is a strait auction as Brian is the guy in the demos links that the description is saying is his friend playing the set, this smells fishy any way you put it.

Yes, sorry, the autocorrect some thins plays some sick jokes on me, the work is Vanish!!! :)

17. JMV

JMV Senior Member

Many PAFs don't sound like PAFs. :run:

5 people like this.
  18. nicolasrivera

But OTPG are believe to be the best PAF clones, so you are saying they are not?

19. JMV

JMV Senior Member

I think "best" is a ridiculous term to use in this circumstance. It all comes down to personal taste. People look for different things in PAFs and many real PAFs just sound terrible.

All I can say is that the OTPGs I had were incredible. I wouldn't say they're above Throbak, Wizz, etc...but that's mainly because I haven't owned those sets. It'd be stupid of me to compare the OTPG to something I've never used.

And that's coming from a guy who sold his set for $1,500 on this very forum.

3 people like this.
  20. nicolasrivera

You are right.

All i want is for Brian to come clean on what has happened to out sets, it's a simple, " hey they are not ready yet" or " they are no longer being made" anything. Brian is a strait shooter, just don't know why he has adopted this position. :hmm: