Orlando Guitar Show 2015

Discussion in 'MLP Meets' started by JonMan94, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Bluntforcetrauma

Bluntforcetrauma Senior Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. redcoats1976

redcoats1976 Senior Member

youre killimg me.im really trying to go sell a couple of guitars i dont play much and just buy a pearl pickguard for my classic player strat and some witch hat knobs for my epi LP.wonder what else i will come home with this year??? edit:that LP second to the right is lustworthy...

3. Bluntforcetrauma

Bluntforcetrauma Senior Member

I believe you spotted the JPP #805

4. redcoats1976

well,went there,sold the two guits i havent been playing and realised that i still have one of everything i need.couldnt find a pearl pickguard or witch hat knobs for my epi.DID see a mint lightburst epi LP,2005 model year but like new.decided my tribute +would do everything it would and i didnt need it for the color.what a strange thing...coming home from a guitar show with extra money?

5. Montana_Aardvark

Montana_Aardvark Junior Member

I got over there, too. It ended up being just about a full two hour drive, thanks to something on the Bee Line (528) near the airport.

Fun show. I didn't buy anything except one of the little Strat-shaped pick trays, but it was cool to see instruments I've only read about. Lots of really big price tags, but some drop dead gorgeous LPs and more. Collector guitars, for sure, but there were also dealers with new model Epis and Gibsons at good prices. And a lot of guitars I'm not sure I'd pick up off a trash pile. I shoulda kept that Silvertone I had in 1968.

Got to hear Rick Derringer, not to mention about a thousand guys trying out different instruments. Most of whom were pretty good. I saw one guy in a Les Paul Forum tee shirt coming in as I was leaving around 3, but I figured I don't post enough here that anyone would recognize me.

Never been to a guitar show before, so it's hard to compare. If anyone else has the same concern I did, there was tons more than just overpriced collector guitars.

6. stratguy949

stratguy949 Member

Think I saw you there on Saturday

7. redcoats1976

i was the only one in overalls...

8. J.T.

J.T. Senior Member

Hey, Jim - good to see you there. Mike McQuain, too. Made a couple of sales, and a couple of trades. The show was much bigger than it has been in years. Seemed most of the vendors were doing well and intend to be back, so maybe the shitty rep of the O show will change a bit. Saw more blackface Fender amps - and huge price tags, too. Must mean the market has topped out & it's time to bail, lol...

9. nortega

nortega Senior Member

It was a fun show. Will definitely go back next year. Bluntforce, let me know if you have interest in doing something on my 55 Custom or 54 GT.

10. J.T.

J.T. Senior Member

Good seeing you again, too, Jesse. That Custom is a very nice piece. If I didn't already have one that I'm in love with, I'd be all over it. Did Allen go straight back to Ohio, or was he smart enough to hang out here longer?

11. allenmance

allenmance Senior Member

I was beat and done with my vacation/guitar show get-a-way.. I went straight home. I had a blast in Orlando, I wish that show was twice a year. You all should goto the Spartanburg show coming up. It's a great buy show, bought almost 40 there last year.