Original Floyd Rose "Old-Style" Arm?

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop' started by surge98, Nov 23, 2017.

  1. surge98

    surge98 Senior Member

    Likes Received:
    May 15, 2013
    It appears that there are three types of arms available for the original Floyd: the first is the standard screw-in arm that comes with the full tremolo kit. Then there is the "push-in" style, which I upgraded to on one of my Floyd guitars. What I'm not sure about is what they refer to as the "old-style" arm. It's listed on the web site as a part rather than an upgrade, but it looks different from the arm that came with my Floyd:


    Can anyone tell me what the benefit is of this "old-style" arm compared to the push-in or standard screw-in? Thanks.
  2. 61LPSG

    61LPSG Senior Member

    Likes Received:
    Oct 31, 2007
    I've never owned one with the "push-in" arm. I've tried them, and they feel pretty much the same.
    I have the "old style" from '83 on a Kramer and the only downside is after a while the lock nut works loose, and the arm starts flopping around. No biggie, but it's a round nut with 2 flats on it and a bit tricky to re-tighten.

Share This Page