Oregon Guitar and Musical Instrument Expo Milwaukie Oregon

Discussion in 'MLP Meets' started by Lungo, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Lungo

Lungo Silver Supporter

This show is only a few miles from my house so I'll definitely be going. I met a few guys at the spring show and had fun, although it wasn't as big as I had hoped. Maybe this one will be bigger/better. :thumb:

LPCollector and TeaForTwo like this.
  2. TeaForTwo

TeaForTwo The Guitar Whisperer Premium Member

I'll be there.

3. Big John

Big John drinks are on the house V.I.P. Member

Trying to nail down a table with power today. I want to bring a little rack rig to sell, plus a few other tidbits.

2 people like this.
  4. Big John

Just passing this along...show promoter just e-mailed me...$20 for a 6' table w/power & $40 for a 12' table w/power. If any of my fellow NW-ers have gear to sell, these table prices are the cheapest I've seen in years.

*edit* Got the table, so I'll be there. If you see this rig sitting on a table, stop by and say hi. I'll even let you blast off with it if you dare. :thumb:

[​IMG]

5. Big John

I'm a no-go. Too many coals in the fire for that weekend. Had to cancel my table. You guys that are going...let us know how it was.

6. Lungo

Lungo Silver Supporter

Damn that sucks John, was hoping to see you there. I'll still be going. Anyone else?

7. LPCollector

LPCollector V.I.P. Member

I'm gonna try to make it.

It depends on a couple of things:
    1) I've been sick, so how I feel.
    2) How late my Halloween Part goes tonight!
    :naughty:

8. Big John

You Portlanders be safe down there. It's a gatdam monsoon up here.

9. Lungo

Lungo Silver Supporter

Monsoon around Portland too but should be slowing down. I still plan to go but won't get there until noon maybe a little earlier.

10. Lungo

Lungo Silver Supporter

My wife and I got to the show between 12:30 and 1:00. I ran into a guy with a bunch of guitars signed by Les Paul. They were all marked "Not for Sale" but the guy was cool as hell. He noticed my wife and I looking at a few guitars and he said "Hey come here you wanna play one?" Next thing I knew, he stuck an all original '52 Gold Top in my hands. It looked just like a guitar that old should look. It had Les' signature on the back because he didn't want to sign over the beautiful checking this guitar has. I don't know how old the amp was but it was a vintage Gibson. He was happy to let me play anything else he had but I declined. He had a recording model and an acoustic he said was originally planned to be the Les Paul model acoustic. It was all original with a single coil pickup and I believe 3 tone controls. There was one other guitar he had I had never seen before. It was a Les Paul with 2 single coil pickups and a Steinberger trem. We chatted with the guy for a bit and then we walked around one more time before leaving. The '52 Les Paul I played was definitely the most interesting guitar there for me. There were quite a few Fender guitars and amps but I don't know much (if any) about them except they were old and expensive.

One last thing to note: picked up a flyer for a show in Tacoma that runs for two days in May. I think the wife and I might plan a trip. Sounds like that show is pretty big 150-200 vendors.

1 person likes this.