Orange OR15, Jim Root #4 JUST IN @ Eddie's Guitars!

Discussion in 'Sponsor Classifieds' started by notoperational, Jun 21, 2012.

1. notoperational

notoperational Senior Member

Not clogging at all! I'm sure others would be curious to hear some insight between the two as well.

My take between the two leaves a couple questions.

1) How much do you value a 3-band EQ over the shape knob?

2) Are you wanting a more vintage-esque or modern tone?

Those are really the two defining things between those amps to me and depending upon what you are wanting sound wise, either could work and either are awesome to me. The Root Terror has a more flexible EQ, and can be quite a bit more modern sounding. The Dark Terror is a bit more like an older Orange mixed with a modern Orange. The shape knob works really well, and really shouldn't be viewed as a downgrade from the 3-band EQ.

2 people like this.
  2. joshuatree725

joshuatree725 Senior Member

Couple questions Brett.

Is OR15 made in England or China?

When I check the specs, the size of OR15 is same as TT. Since OR15 has a head cab, I thought it would be couple inches bigger. Is the the metal case on OR smaller than TT? Just curious.

3. notoperational

The OR15 is made in Orange's factory in China and the metal head itself is the same size as a Tiny Terror, although all together a little bit bigger considering the headshell.

1 person likes this.
  4. joshuatree725

joshuatree725 Senior Member

Thanks for quick response.

What's the sale price?

5. notoperational

I have it listed for $669. If you wanted to order something in the near future, I could maybe get you a bit better price though ;)

6. Leendrix

Leendrix The Cheeky One V.I.P. Member

Check out this demo! It's awesome. They even do a side by side with the Dark Terror and the Jim Root!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxKNVoXSIIE&feature=related]Orange Jim Root Terror #4 - YouTube[/ame]

Edit: By this demo, I prefer the Jim Root.

4 people like this.
  7. rapha13

rapha13 Junior Member

hey brett in your opinion which is better out of the jim root and the OR15 because I'm really on the fence and want something that has versatility. thanks

8. notoperational

Honestly, they are both very good and pretty different animals. The Root is much more modern and aggressive sounding and the OR15 is like a vintage Orange. For what I like to play, I like the OR15 better. It just fits "my" sound a lot better than the Root. And in all honesty, I've owned the Rockerverbs before and they great (one of my favorite channel switching amps ever). The Roots are a little more aggressive than a Rockerverb though.

1 person likes this.
  9. rapha13

rapha13 Junior Member

thanks which would be good for my style if i play from led zeppelin and dio, to slash to jimi hendrix like which one can give me these kinds of tones ? thanks

1 person likes this.
  10. notoperational

You should checkout the OR15. I think that would handle what you are playing pretty darn well.