Opinions re Reverend Guitars?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by DBCooper, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Cantu

Cantu V.I.P. Member

[​IMG]

Early Rocco!:thumb:

2. SFK

SFK V.I.P. Member

NICE!

Looks cool yet familiar.

Here's my Eastpointe Slingshot.

[​IMG]

3. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Senior Member

and to think... that I am currently Rev-less :(

4. Cantu

Cantu V.I.P. Member

The cool thing about the Early Rev's is that you could get different pic guards and pickups, say p90's or revtron's and unscrew the pickguard and slip in a new config and have a totally different guitar in minutes no unsoldering wires everything is self contained.

5. Wuchak

Wuchak Senior Member

If you want to hear them check out the clips on the Reverend Guitar channel on youtube. They have about 19 different models demonstrated. YouTube - reverendguitars's Channel

6. Cantu

Cantu V.I.P. Member

That's a sin, go get yourself one!!!:D

7. Cantu

Cantu V.I.P. Member

SFK how's the neck on yours? Mine is like no other, best in the business, at least on the older model's. Haven't tryed one of the newer ones but I bet they're the same!!

8. SFK

SFK V.I.P. Member

I love it. Most comfortable bolt neck guitar I've ever played.

The newer ones are nice but not quite as chunky as the Eastpointe Rev necks.

9. Andy77

Andy77 Member

Only ever played one Reverend and that's the one I own.
    Love this guitar, it will stay with me forever.

[​IMG]

10. SFK

SFK V.I.P. Member

That's slick.

I hear you about keeping it forever. I lucked into mine. I traded an American Strat that I didn't care for online straight up.

Just to see what they were about. I bonded with it instantly. That was in 2001.

I'd sell my Fenders before I parted with it. (and I love my 2 Fenders)

11. surfblue

surfblue Junior Member

Surfblue says:
    I registered with this forum just to make this post. But I'll be back.
    I've posted a review years back about my Rocco on the HC forum. I didn't exaggerate the guitar. I don't think Joe Naylor or his people would stoop to "stuffing the ballot box". Their gear seems to sell pretty well.
    I understand brand loyalty, whether it's guitars, cars, motorcycles or firearms and on and on.
    No disrespect meant to Gibson LP's or any Gibson instrument or Gibson enthusiast/player/collector. Same for Fender. Those names are the bricks and mortar of electric guitars and more. Fenders? I have several. I will not bore you with the models/years of guitars and amps, but I have em and I'm keeping them. I must admit I've never owned a Gibson guitar of any kind. I am NOT anti-Gibson, however. I KNOW they are historic and important guitars and always will be.
    That said... IF you are here and are even SLIGHTLY curious about a DIFFERENT guitar for not much money in the big picture of things... RUN, don't walk to your nearest Reverend stocking dealer and spend a few hours trying out their wares.
    Me, I was intrigued with the Reverend Rocco quite a few years back. Without even trying one in person, I found a guy on the harmony central classifieds with a Rev Rocco for sale. This was the early US model... eastpoint neck, black finish with white binding and the very industrial looking (not so fashionable, but functional) grey pickguard. Pickups then were NOT featuring chrome covers. I bought it from a nice man who played in church groups. He had purchased it new from Musician's Friend, played it a couple months but decided he wanted to go back to a Fender (mex construction, just clarifying what he played...no judgement) Tele. Well, I bought the guitar with Rev gig bag, in MINT condition, not a scratch or mark on it, for $475 delivered to my door. Time went by, I knew I liked the guitar a lot. The Fenders were staying in their cases. THEN later I KNEW I'd been blessed with a good deal! BTW, I called the seller a couple months later to inquire about the strings on the Rocco, and he told me he had SOLD his new Tele and gone back to the Reverend Rocco!!
    Recently I was surfing ebay and found a brand new month old Rev Charger 290 goldtop for a BIN price of $400 and $30 freight. It was basically brand new...still had the plastic on the pickguard, not a mark on it. Included the Rev hardshell case and he even threw in an extra set of strings. It's set up for tens, and it plays FANTASTIC. To my eyes, the Korean made guitars are absolutely as quality as the former Michigan made models that are now history. I find it amazing that a guitar of this quality can sell for five six hundred bucks, given what that kind of money buys out there in the world these days in terms of goods and services.
    I cannot imagine how anyone could be disappointed in these guitars. And given the economy, you couldn't ask for a better time to spend your money wisely on something you really don't need! (that would fit my profile!) :laugh2:
    I'm looking to next scoop up the V inspired Volcano...just because I can. Did you see the Guitar Player writeup where the Volcano was NUMBER ONE above all the $500 and down electrics? Type in GUITAR PLAYER MAGAZINE REVEREND VOLCANO REVIEW on google, and read it for yourself.
    I urge all you Gibson LP fans to get out and demo a few models. TIP: Don't bring your credit card unless you have serious will power.
    All the best to ALL you players out there!! And to Joe Naylor...THANKS JOE, FOR MAKING GREAT GUITARS SO AFFORDABLE!!
    DISCLAIMER: I have absolutely no affiliation with Reverend/Joe Naylor or any financial interest in any part of the guitar business. I just like their stuff.:lol:

12. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Senior Member

I nearly bought a Roundhouse before I found my MIK Custom.

[​IMG]

Pretty badass little guitar. The store still has it - I may go back for it once my Christmas shopping is done...

- D

13. Iceman0124

Iceman0124 Senior Member

Thast does look badass, how much does it run for?

14. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Senior Member

I've seen them right around $600. The one I was looking at was going for $575 in NYC.

There's an HB version on the Bay for $559 BIN. Nice top, too.

[​IMG]

Roundhouse HB

- D