One month with a Kemper and sold my Jubilee & 5150

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by tatman49, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

Sorry I forgot, we're playing in the wrong sandbox. I'll go back over to my side of the playground before I get slapped on the wrist with a weekend ban for saying something that might upset some unknown person. :eek:

cybermgk likes this.
  2. Tobin1634

Tobin1634 Senior Member

I agree that it's a great value if you are satisfied with all the tones.

BUT will it look as cool as a Marshall Stack on stage??? (this is sarcasm)

3. tatman49

tatman49 Junior Member

I am using JBL 305's, they are a powered FRFR speaker to get the full range if times out of the kemper. I can use a power amp to then go through a cabinet but I will have to turn off the cab emulater. I prefer using the Full range speakers

4. Splattle101

Splattle101 V.I.P. Member

Don't forget to take it out for a spin semi-regularly. The electrolytic capacitors dry out eventually, but last longer if used a bit: the discharge / recharge cycle seems to help keep 'em loose. Same goes for solid state gear. Lots of electrolytics in there, too.

RAG7890 and northernguitarguy like this.
  5. LPV

LPV Senior Member

Nah, but that's a matter of opinion

IMG_6560.JPG

6. Marshall & Moonshine

Marshall & Moonshine Senior Member

And he didn't. He bought digital copies.
    ;)

7. Marshall & Moonshine

No.
    (Not sarcasm.)

8. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Remember when I was the only one rattling the cages of tube amp owners.. Seems like life time ago doesn't it. These days I just grin as I have so many friends that do the rattling these day.

What I notice though is the total and complete reluctance of some to actually accept that there is actually a better way to make music. A better way to produce effects and a much better to perform live with direct FOH using any damn combination of speaker cabinet ever made..

But there will be those that simply won't or can't accept the simple fact that the tech is so good these days that Tubes are not the only choice anymore.

And for those that cry the blues about it.. Here is my Hurricane Blues I recorded in seconds while I wait for Irma to hit me.

https://app.box.com/s/q786fbhvxwg57dmd85zlx7wwk0qsst07

Please tell me if you think the tone sucks... I'll even tell you that this guitar has the "Horrid" EMGs installed

jdto, Tiboy and cybermgk like this.
  9. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

Perhaps. Or, guitarists know what they have and see no reason to change, especially if they're already invested in their rig. You know, the old 'if it aint broke, don't fix it'.

P.S. Sounds great.

10. Shelbyblues

Shelbyblues Senior Member

Hope you're staying safe!

11. Marshall & Moonshine

Sorry frank. It's not a tone I'd use.
    But I hope you stay safe.

12. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Keep safe down there brother. Irma looks like a B*tch.

Nice track (as usual)

13. lunchbox

lunchbox Senior Member

Congrats!

I still don't see the point in buying something that simulates what you're selling. lol. It's like selling a 1955 Porsche 356 to buy a kit car on a VW pan.

Guitar Rod likes this.
  14. frankv

The essence of life is growth. If you or anyone wants to stay put... that's certainly one option.

That said I see some big time Hippocrates on this site. Without ever naming anyone I will say this.. You have guys on this site changing tubes looking for an edge or change in their tone. You have guys spending over $100 on a set of 10 cents caps to look for a tone change. You have guys spending $2000 on a set of "pafs" trying to change their tone..

BUT

They poo poo a technology that will absolutely give them everything they could ever want in tone.

Now remember something. I am someone that has had well over 50 different tube amps. I think I have the experience to say what I say.

jdto and northernguitarguy like this.
  15. frankv

Well then, there are 219 more to choose from. Including every Marshall made to date.

16. frankv

I think that is a very provincial comment at best. The point in this stuff is to have EVERY amp and cabinet combination made. With studio effects at your finger tips.

17. frankv

It is a mess here. Trees already done on my property and I am on the opposite coast from the eye

18. northernguitarguy

Oh, I don't doubt your experience. I also don't doubt the experience of many others when they say they're thrilled with their sound. I was actually trying to nudge our new lead into modelling territory, if only to extend the options for our cover band (or so I thought). He wants nothing more than what he has. He makes what he has sound amazing, whether we're playing Soundgarden or the Strokes. He's a Royal Conservatory of Music grad (yup, guitar). His experience is valid, and he makes a reasonable case for sticking with what he has.

Splattle101 and frankv like this.
  19. frankv

Yeah, you and I have had this dance for like 2 years now.. It always comes down to this. How can you know if there isn't something better out there that would fit your playing if you never try anything new? To say "I don't want anything better" is just not something I can relate to.

Now of course, if you are the type that is pretty set in your ways and has no desire for any improvement of any kind.. Then there is no discussing this topic with you.. That said, I find it quite revealing to see you in all these modeling threads when the fact of the matter is you have voiced absolutely no interested in the tech. I say that to you Chris as a friend and not as being a smart ass..

cybermgk likes this.
  20. northernguitarguy

Not only have I voiced no interest, but so have many, many killer guitarists who see no reason to change. I'm not arguing against modelling, just the notion that you're incomplete as a player without one.

lunchbox and frankv like this.