One for the amp modeling non-believers (Kemper content)

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by morbidalex666, Sep 13, 2016.

1. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Reaper.. High quality very little cost:thumb:

http://www.reaper.fm/

Go get it. I know you are coming over to the bright side..

2. cherrysunburst00

cherrysunburst00 Senior Member

Thanks, My Brothers.

3. KenG

KenG Senior Member

I spent 13 years in the CAF before leaving to join the Defense Industry where I've been for the last 23 years! (better pay and perks)
    I've had the pleasure of getting into electronics in the mid 70's in high school (3 years classes) where I got interested and it's what I chose to do when I joined the military (they wanted me to be an Officer as a Mechanical or Marine Engineer but I wanted Electronics and ended up an NCO). I didn't get enough theory to do complex design but more than enough theory to diagnose circuits and equipment. Probably saw some of the most interesting advances in this field in the last 30+ years as well. Working with the designers that do some of today's Military stuff has also been a great experience for me. Unfortunately now my eyesight and the absolutely tiny component sizes and BGA technologies have limited the value of what I used to do which is why I'm in Engineering designing Military grade cables instead. Still challenging considering the environmental and E3 considerations.

4. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

well that depends, are we talking steam locomotive? or Japanese bullet train?

I mean we all know once they removed the coal chamber and stack then it really ceased to be a train anymore. It became more of an imitation of a train, even though it did the same job in a different way, and functioned much better than a train. :naughty:

5. frankv

WOW, just WOW... See how smart this dude is.. He's scary sometimes.. :thumb:

6. Mindfrigg

Mindfrigg Senior Member

I like building custom amps from scratch in Bias mainly. Then loading into Jamup
    Pro or Bias Efx.
    At some point I will get the Professional version so that I can match those old Hoffmans I mentioned. I think it would be a good way to A/B over time to check for degradation of tubes and other components. Those Bugle Boys and Sylvanias ain't cheap. :laugh2:

7. frankv

Ken is the MAN bros.. :wow:

8. Pwrmac7600

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
    Smart ass maybe!

9. Pwrmac7600

:laugh2: I was just curious if he knew ironman?

10. cherrysunburst00

that is brilliant!!!

11. cherrysunburst00

The song?

12. Wrench66

Wrench66 Senior Member

Hold the **** up right there... I thought the hax FX was supposed to be the last "amp" we would ever need to buy. Now your telling me I gotta get the crapper too!?!?! What the hell!

:laugh2:

Are you sure you guys aren't just chasing a bad case of GAS for the latest gizmo?

All in good fun:).

13. Pwrmac7600

Let's get it right the Axe FX is the last modeler you will ever need, the Kemper is the last profiler you will ever need. Geeez get with it.:naughty:

14. Wrench66

Wrench66 Senior Member

I already missed the train, steam or bullet I'm not sure since I wasn't even at the station, member?

I haven't had a bad case of GAS in years. I feel for you guys. Really I do....:naughty:

15. Pwrmac7600

Nah, don't feel bad, GAS gives me something to do, keeps me out of trouble, and let's me explore things I was never able to explore when I was younger due to lack of funds. I have enjoyed trying amps and guitars that I wasn't able to try when I was younger but always wanted to. I found most of them didn't sound how I remembered them sounding when I was younger, so they were sold off, but it is fun to get to try things out. It causes me to experiment more than I probably would have. Every now and then I stumble on things I like, so I keep them.

16. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

IMO, the snare drum determines what the stage volume needs to be, nothing more. I like a player such as Mike Campbell from Tom Petty who plays with miced combos to stadium audiences.

17. Splattle101

Splattle101 V.I.P. Member

Well, if it's a good hifi amp it won't be colouring the sound. That's the point of hifi.

Do you imagine that solid state amps are transparent and don't colour the sound?

18. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

And Mike's profiles a freaking amazing too, I've bought some (he has some free ones too).

19. cybermgk

Yes it does. That is the profile I was playing all weekend (well many many hours). It sounds, tastes, and most importantly reacts and feels like your playing a cranked JCM 800, including the sag and compression. I have NO need to get a JCM 800 now, I have one.

20. cybermgk

Yea, that is a cool look too. Nothing says R and R like a Marshall Full Stack :)