One for the amp modeling non-believers (Kemper content)

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by morbidalex666, Sep 13, 2016.

1. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Well, that's OK we disagree. My original point still stands. With a million presets available for AXE there is no need to profile anything. The tone you are profiling is already available. So why reinvent the wheel.. I suppose if you just want to .. Then have at it.. :thumb:

2. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

Yeah that would really be the only reason for me to do it. Just because I could. lol and you know I would, just because I could...

If you haven't already google M Britt jcm800, it sounds SOOOO good!

3. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

No reason to have to choose, I think it's time to add a Kemper.

4. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

I have room in my rack :thumb:

5. frankv

Yeah I know.. We do things just because we can and it's really just a hobby. :thumb:

6. Pwrmac7600

:thumb:

7. Mindfrigg

Mindfrigg Senior Member

Bias Desktop/Professional also does profiling. But I don't see the need for it in my case.

8. frankv

I don't see it's even possible for me to try every preset available in any meaningful way. I have so many I lost count. Besides all that, I have no tube amps left to profile. :thumb:

That said. I do enjoy tone matching off CDs and recorded material. That is way cool and stupid easy on AXE

9. cherrysunburst00

cherrysunburst00 Senior Member

OF COURSE. How could I have forgotten Northern Guitar Guy? DOH!

OK, just realized something that might nudge me a little closer. I love hearing Frank's recordings; the 1 he posted on this thread most recently. I also just gave a listen to Lolly's recording. Perhaps some sort of recording capability.

I could play my tube amps and then record with a modeler. Seems like the best of both worlds.

Here's Frank after that last pronouncement: :facepalm:

10. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

I still have a Marshall full stack, but I wanted that since I was a kid and saw my first concert in the VERY early '70s.

11. Pwrmac7600

Not just Frank...:hmm::laugh2:

12. cherrysunburst00

Who did you see? My first concert was Heart in 1980.

13. frankv

Do you know how cool it is to be sitting there noodling around with your DAW recording everything. When you are finished with the session you certainly have riffs and passages you can then clip out and save for a later project.. Do you have any idea what that does for you? I have over 70 clips of recordings that one day I might use somewhere. At the very least you don't forget that riff you stumbled upon..

This ability alone is worth the price of entry.

14. cherrysunburst00

I've long thought that would be COOL. Geez, I feel like NM's ex governor (gary johnson, "what's Alleppo?") but What's DAW?

15. Pwrmac7600

Digitial Audio Workstation.

That's just a fancy name for a computer program like Protools, Logic, etc....

16. frankv

It is the single best thing about this technology. I did a smart thing way back when I picked up playing again after 30 plus years off. I recorded those beginning years. So much listening to just how bad I was. Really bad.. And it's all relative. Because next year I will listen to this years playing and think how bad I was..

This is something every guitar player should be doing. At least every one that wants to improve

17. cherrysunburst00

AH, I see. What is a good "beginner with no experience" program?

18. Wrench66

Wrench66 Senior Member

Ha! Trains are so last century! Get with the present will ya? :laugh2:

Edit: Of course where that train is heading I have no desire to go, but I hope you all enjoy the trip!

19. frankv

You and I will actually become friends, I just know it.. No, I feel it.. :thumb:

20. Pwrmac7600

That's a tough one to answer, I have only ever used protools. It is the first digital recording software I started with way back when, and I have used it ever since. I was familiar with it from the beginning because I new about live sound, and analog recoding gear, it pretty much works the same way just on your screen instead of a gigantic recording desk in my bedroom. The fundamentals are exactly the same.