On the cheap!!! Lite Ash Telecaster

Discussion in 'Fender' started by Dirtyclinic, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Dirtyclinic

Dirtyclinic Senior Member

I picked this up for 200 bucks. Made in Korea Lite Ash Telecaster. Seymour Duncan Pickups, Ash body, Abalone inlays, Bird's-eye maple neck and fretboard. Not a bad player...sounds great and has a nice feel to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Telechamp, 5F6-A, Meatwad and 5 others like this.
  2. Phil W

Phil W Senior Member

Nice for £200!
    3 saddle bridge, Seymour's, nice looking wood.

3. Walt_T

Walt_T Senior Member

Nice guitar! Good for you!
    You should open it up and see what SD are installed. I have a set of Alnico Pro IIs in one of my Warmoth Teles, they are warm and smooth clean and sound great with a little OD.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  4. marksoundguitars

marksoundguitars Chief Paint Sniffer MLP Vendor

I almost bought one when they first came out. :)

5. Zoobiedood

Zoobiedood Senior Member

The pickups should be the APTR-1 Alnico II Pro (neck) & APTL-1 Alnico II Pro (bridge).

6. Dirtyclinic

Dirtyclinic Senior Member

200 dollars...I think those Pound notes are worth more than dollars.

Anyhow...these pics are when I first got it home and it was filthy and it was missing strings. It is all shined up now and is pretty sweet. I am tempted to take out the pickups and put them in an American Standard Telecaster that I have. I own 2 American Standards and they both have Broadcaster/Twisted Tele sets in them. It would be cool if they had different sets while this guitar would still be getting a great set of pickups.

7. Mule Train

Mule Train Senior Member

What a deal, wow. Found this five year old post on the net.

"OK… Spoke to Fender at length and here’s the breakdown on the Korean Telecasters. The tech I spoke with had the same model, but a different year. First off, the serial numbers were ‘random sequential’ without an actual date embedded within. My # began with 06 and was made in 2007 but that should not be used to extrapolate other years. Fender is the only source for X-refing the number/year of production. Also unusual, none of these Korean models have Telecaster written on the headstock. Lastly, they would not divulge how many Korean Tele were made but did state it was a fairly limited production. Here are the general specs. Model Name: Lite Ash Telecaster |Model Number: 026-5102-(521) | Series: Special Edition Series | Body: Lightweight Ash | Neck: Birdseye Maple, Modern “C” Shape | Fingerboard: Birdseye Maple, 9.5” Radius (241 mm) | No. of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo Frets | Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm) | Source: Korea | Oversized Strap Buttons | Abalone Dot Position Inlays | Pickups: Seymour Duncan® APTR-1, APTL-1, (Neck/Bridge) (AP=Alnico Pro) | Bridge: Vintage Style with 3 Brass Saddles | U.S. MSRP: $899.99 | INTRODUCED: 1/2004 | DISCONTINUED: 1/2009."

https://www.sweetwater.com/forums/showthread.php?27994-Fender-Telecaster-lite-ash-korea

Zoobiedood and Walt_T like this.
  8. Phil W

Phil W Senior Member

Ooops ... yes.
    Having said that, the way the pound is dropping in value I'm probably going to be right quite soon.

9. rikko

rikko Senior Member

Deal!
    Congrats!!!

10. xeizo

xeizo Senior Member

Even in british pounds, that was very cheap! I paid double that for a 2005 Classic '50s WB, including hardcase. Happy anyway because deals don't walk right in everyday, congrats on your fine Tele :D

11. 5F6-A

5F6-A Senior Member

Fantastic find!