OK,I'm just gonna say it outright...

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by bruce bennett, Dec 14, 2014.

1. bruce bennett

bruce bennett Banned

:laugh2:
    you sound like that guy in the white house.

he's already been proven wrong ya know.

you can't innovate or compete from an empty bank account..

and colchar.. therapy dude... look into it.

2. tenchijin2

tenchijin2 Senior Member

This kind of populist political nonsense is going to get the thread closed.

Colchar is promoting FREE MARKETS. No one in the White House is a big fan of those, and apparently neither are you. Protectionist policies make everyone poorer except a handful of firms that benefit at the expense of everyone else.

This is basic, proven economic fact.

1 person likes this.
  3. Splattle101

Splattle101 V.I.P. Member

One word: paragraphs.

5 people like this.
  4. Splattle101

My old 1978 Standard has the three piece maple neck. A mate of mine had a slightly earlier Norlin Custom (sadly stolen sometime in '94) that also had a three piece maple neck. That thing was the heaviest axe I've ever played. Literally, not figuratively. It weighed a friggin' ton. ...figuratively :laugh2:

Lots of Les Pauls from the Norlin era had maple necks.

5. Splattle101

It's bigger than that, mate, it's the whole world wide fuggin' INTERWEBZ!!! :thumb::naughty:

3 people like this.
  6. Splattle101

I thought you were joking! :wow:

3 people like this.
  7. chef

chef Senior Member

I was wondering what happened to this thread. Lolz for daze. It delivers.

I wonder what this new product of which he speaks is...

2 people like this.
  8. bruce bennett

bruce bennett Banned

GOOD lets get it closed.. its gotten beyond Stupid anyway. and the crap Colchar is saying is So far from the truth is just laughable

but what he and now you are saying... we here in America who have worked hard all our lives to have "something" should just give upon our Higher standard of living to those that have a poor government or economic situation?

no, free markets are NOT what he's talking about anymore.
    He talking about the same thing that has always been a minor fleabite for all American busineses.. America's wealth attracts those that wish to milk it. but thats human nature... people glom on to others with money. nothign new there..
    but, look at Brazil, they are TOTALLY an isolationist country.. but they are doing GREAT, in fact their economy looks just ike Americas did in the 50s-60s...
    they perfer to export and NOT import goods.. Can't blame them. it's a miserly attitude sure.... but misers always have the money..

it's one thing for people to work and buy internally within their own country..
    but when you have a wildly unlevel playing field such as exists today globally.
    then you must know that those that have the higher standard of living will lose out against goods made by those that have a lower standard of living just by simple math...
    lower costs of goods/labor will always outsell higher cost of goods/quality. it the "Masses" natural thinking "I want the best deal" that causes this.

andso the problem now is, Out sourceing from America has brought too many Americans to a level thats way below the poverty line. which means that if these people can't pay their bills... well, obviously it follows right back up the chain to others.. Someone has to take up that slack.. and right now there isn't anyone to do so.
    So the FED just prints more new money..which devalues the currency..its now totally out of control and the debt spiral is unstoppable. there is no way back from this without a compete miracle... or worse..

If we stop manufacturing, which honestly, we almost have.. then what products would we be able to offer to other countries with which to get back some of our original wealth.. THATS how free markets work.. and for some odd reason everyone NOT in America, seems to think that America has an unlimited supply of cash to keep buying with, and that is just ludicrious.

No... Sorry, but right now America has a serious hole in its bucket and not much coming back in to replace it with. and our trade deficiets with other countries are beyond STAGGERING.
    no business could withstand that... so why would anyone think a country could?

and FYI. I've blocked a few names in this thread, as I got tired of the retoric from people that really have no dog in the hunt, or even make an attemp to understand the problem from this side of the border.

one last thing...Canada has traditionally made a good bit of money from American consumers.. and it shows in many of the things said here by Canadians..
    But if the cash cow dies...... well, you get the point.

9. G.L. Mitchell

G.L. Mitchell Senior Member

bruce I know the thread I dead but thanks, wish I were that could at words.

10. DavidRamey

DavidRamey Senior Member

Bruce's new amp is done in brown Tolex with a brown grill cloth and the name of the new amp is "Chinese Crap" and has an internet connection supplied by North Korea.

1 person likes this.
  11. chef

chef Senior Member

A mockup

屎

It would be a 4x1x8 although could support different configurations.

12. bruce bennett

bruce bennett Banned

you do know that my middle Name is "Brown"
    and that I've been building these for a VERY long time now....

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. chef

chef Senior Member

What's it sound like? Great looking design.

14. bruce bennett

bruce bennett Banned

http://youtu.be/SerSUHsGvKY

this is from 2009 but you can hear me playing it both at the very begining and the very end..

and at the end when I say I can hold that note all day long..
    I mean you hold a note ANYWHERE on the board all day long at rather low volumes because the pedal has such a rich harmonic content.

1 person likes this.
  15. chef

chef Senior Member

Roughly speaking what is the circuit based off of, or is it an original design?

16. bruce bennett

bruce bennett Banned

Based on the 741 op-amp circuit found in about 5 different name brand vintage pedals.. but, I just went with Germanium clipping diodes, vintage Phillips chips, special component placement with the lowest electrostatic interference to each other.
    fine tune the circuit for guitar... and build it like a tank.
    I was very lucky in the fact that a friend of mine had one awesome Vintage Store about 4-5 blocks from my house and I got to listen and play around with a LOT of rare Vintage effects pedals,guitars and amps.. it was during one of these "play" sessions that I discovered the trick that allowed the Brown Sound to be built consistantly.

1 person likes this.