OK,I'm just gonna say it outright...

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by bruce bennett, Dec 14, 2014.

1. colchar

colchar Banned

:lol:

2. BuzzHaze

BuzzHaze V.I.P. Member

It's rare we get such an entertaining thread in the amp section. It's usually pretty dry. This has been a wonderful change up.

6 people like this.
  3. colchar

colchar Banned

On a not unrelated note, I was listening to you Soundcloud stuff and really liked your playing on The Desert Song.

3 people like this.
  4. BuzzHaze

BuzzHaze V.I.P. Member

Hey, thanks man. A few people have accused me of being ubber lazy on that song but there was something about that I liked. It's not always the most technical song that gets the kudos :D

1 person likes this.
  5. DavidRamey

DavidRamey Senior Member

It has been a long time since I have seen people argue about something they are in agreement on.

3 people like this.
  6. colchar

colchar Banned

I didn't hear anything lazy in it at all.

1 person likes this.
  7. colchar

colchar Banned

It is Christmas, everyone is stressed out with the crowds, traffic, etc.

8. SteveGangi

SteveGangi V.I.P. Member

I've never seen that happen, not in 50 plus years of playing. Not just from cold.

3 people like this.
  9. BuzzHaze

BuzzHaze V.I.P. Member

Well the fact he states that Wisconsin is as cold as "CANADA" was enough to make me laugh...perhaps the southern part of my country but to say it's as cold as Canada as a whole, is laughable. The second hint of his folly was in saying that Gibson did not produce any Les Paul's with maple necks.

Thirdly, I assume he meant to say that he knows some Gibson owners who have suffered neck or headstock breaks but he threw the "because of the cold" in order to bolster his statement about the Squier neck's stability.....which is funny because I never at any point questioned the strength of a Squier's maple neck. They are built like tanks so I'm not sure why he posted in the first place. We were really talking about amps, not guitars. I did suggest a backup guitar when touring so perhaps he ran with that.

All in all, a good read and a good laugh.:laugh2:

1 person likes this.
  10. MiniB

MiniB Senior Member

This thread…..

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  11. BuzzHaze

BuzzHaze V.I.P. Member

No thread is complete without at least one cat pic. Thanks for rounding it out MiniB :D

2 people like this.
  12. Splattle101

Splattle101 V.I.P. Member

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  13. G.L. Mitchell

G.L. Mitchell Senior Member

My 2 cents I have been blessed, I was born 1951. I have played guitar 50 years, 30 years in church and professionally. I have gotten to own some really cool amps back when they were built in USA and England. Which I lost all because of a daughter in the hospital and paying bills. The fat cats who own Fender and these company don't give a damm about you. They sold out quality and integrity for money, sure they still make some stuff that's cool to keep you hanging on. But they sold us out and went over seas not to be able to get you a decent price but for them to get fat. I have a lot of respect for the amp manufactures who stayed here and are trying to make it. They have to sale high they are trying to stay alive. Maybe if everyone would start buying back in the USA from these companys the rest would get a hint. I remember when Peavey stuff you could drop it of a cliff pick it up off the ground and play it. I had one of the Peavey Tweed Classic Series 50 410s Played 8 years never retubed it that thing got beat to death on the road played great, had to sale it when kid got sick. I bought a Fender MIM Hot Rod Blues Deluxe, then a Fender Deville 410 both new. They were in the shop I think more then I played them, and I never gig them. I've own a lot of good amps all made in USA and one nice Marshall and 80s 212 combo can't remember which one it was all tube. But now my wife bless her heart help me and saved money, I am retired and on a fixed income. And I bought me a Rivera Clubster Royale 112, rather its on the good or bad list I don't know. I love it and giged with it. If your stupid and beat stuff around then you get what you get. Know one takes care of my amps or guitars but me. I think times in America because of the times and the crap we get shoved down our throats. We are just to damm easy to get satisfy with anything they hand us. If it were me and I am a old fart and old school. I am a tube man but played some cool SS stuff, I have played everything from Christian Metal to Blues and Worship. I would by an old PV Bandit or transistor amp and bite the bullet and save my money. And buy what I wanted, and not be so impatient. Quit making them happy cause you bought a piece a crap, they have dudes post in false reviews about. Would it not be nice to have some big big jingle in your pocket, then go play some amps Some American steel and wood baby, I am all for making America a proud place to buy again. And there are amps out there. Boogie, Rivera, and Kendricks etc. I bet everyone start buying American again prices might come down and your daddy's might go back to work. I know you think I am crazy and you my friend are correct.

14. StandardLou

StandardLou Member

It's obvious that your mission in life is to be argumentative, even when I clearly stated that it was my opinion, not fact.
    Got that? I said opinion.
    So stick your condescending definitions and your blather where the sun don't shine.
    You can also stick your Midol remark in the appropriate body cavity, since you obviously have extensive experience with its use.

You do what you want to do, and I'll do what I want to do.
    Go argue with someone that actually gives a shit about your opinion.

15. So What

So What Senior Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. bruce bennett

bruce bennett Banned

many Studio les pauls of the early 90s have maple necks as well..

and there is one guy in my town that Ordered a Les Paul Custom ( mid 70s model) with a Maple neck and maple fingerboard. and yes it has Block pearl inlays and binding too.

it's a bit strange looking IMHO, but he loves it.

17. Standard 64

Standard 64 Senior Member

So is handwired better than pcb?And does wine have to have a cork in it?

2 people like this.
  18. bruce bennett

bruce bennett Banned

actually this thread has been GREAT for my business!
    more people have actually called me because of this thread than EVER in the 7+ years of me hanging around MLP.

truth is often stranger than fiction.

2 people like this.
  19. bruce bennett

bruce bennett Banned

I don't know.. but I've decided to offer a brand new product..
    of which I will unveil very shortly in this thread.

I'm working on the per-production samples now.. I believe everyone's gonna want one. and they will be Very reasonably priced and carry a LOT of meaning for everyone here.

1 person likes this.
  20. Roman4405

Roman4405 Senior Member

I gotta say, this thread has been interesting.

Bruce, I really like the look of your 5f1, you know where I can hear some samples of one? I really want a 5f1 clone (I'm not affording an original any time soon) and yours looks pretty nice.