Oh Martha, you can’t be serious

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by acstorfer, Oct 6, 2017.

1. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

I actually never had anything against Martha Stewart. I still don’t. I didn’t watch her shows, but she did have good stuff in her product line. I had a couple couch pillows of hers and they were great.

When she got busted I was really hoping she would plea for no jail time. I don’t think anyone involved in the case wanted her to do jail time. They just wanted her to acknowledge what she did was a no no. And when she refused to acknowledge wrong doing was done then I was happy she did get some jail time.

Anyway this is hysterical. I don’t know what she expected, but is she serious? She sounds surprised she wasn’t allowed to go in and out of the gate nor cross the lake at will. She’s complaining that there were guards there? Only murderers should be treated like she was, at a minimum security prison????? Is she (expletive) serious?????

Martha Stewart is opening up about her five month stint at West Virginia’s Alderson Federal Prison Camp in 2004, calling the experience “horrifying.”

“It was horrifying and no one, no one, should have to go through that kind of indignity really except for murderers, and there are a few other categories, but no one should have to go through that,” she told Katie Couric in an exclusive clip for a new episode of Couric’s self-titled podcast. “It’s a very, very awful thing.”

Since it’s been 13 years since Stewart was sentenced for lying about the sale of a stock, Couric wondered whether the domestic guru felt it was a growth experience for her after all this time.

“[Did I feel] that ‘you can make lemons out of lemonade’ and ‘what hurts you makes you stronger’? No. None of those adages fit at all,” she said on the podcast, which has also hosted stars like Alec Baldwin, Ina Garten and Julia Louis-Dreyfus. “It’s a horrible experience, nothing is good about it, nothing.”

Stewart, now 76, was placed in minimum security prison, but assured Couric that it was no walk in the park. “There are lots and lots of disturbing things that go on in an incarceration like that,” she said. “In minimum security you still couldn’t walk out the gate or cross the river. There’s still guards and it’s still nasty.”

The home cook also credited her negative experience to “being taken away from your family, being maligned, and being treated the way you were treated,” she said. “It’s horrible and especially when one does not feel one deserves such a thing.”

But with her ever-expanding empire, like the release of her 89th cookbook, Martha Stewart’s Slow Cooker, and the success of her show Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party, Stewart refuses to let those unbearable five months define her.

“One thing I do not ever want is to be identified or I don’t want that to be the major thing of my life,” she said. “It’s just not fair. It’s not a good experience and it doesn’t make you stronger. I was a strong person to start with and thank heavens I was and I can still hold my head up high and know that I’m fine.”

The full interview with Stewart is available through the Katie Couric podcast on Thursday.

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAsV7jf

mtgguitar likes this.
  2. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

don't do the crime if you can't do the time

tazzboy, lancpudn, acstorfer and 2 others like this.
  3. Malikon

Malikon 仮面ライダー V.I.P. Member

I don't think she's saying she was surprised she couldn't walk out the gate, I got the impression she's saying more like 'yeah it's minimum security but it's still prison and you're still locked up.'

4. truckermde

truckermde Senior Member

Oh boo-fucking-hoo!!

I'll bet she still finds it hard to sit down, with that silver spoon sticking out of her ass...

5. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

Martha lived close to me. My ex dealt with her on a professional level. Everyone who has met her was delighted that she was sentenced to prison.

She is a legend for mistreating the little people (i.e. everyone who isn't at her caste level).

6. Marshall & Moonshine

Marshall & Moonshine Senior Member

I wonder if she had corn rows or if she joined a white power gang for protection.

7. Rob H.

Rob H. Senior Member

Waahhh

acstorfer likes this.
  8. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

I heard that on her first day, she picked the biggest, baddest bull dyke in the yard and beat her silly. No one messed with her, after that...

9. NewDayHappy

NewDayHappy Senior Member

She had me pee for her while she was on probation.

10. Marshall & Moonshine

Marshall & Moonshine Senior Member

Me too!
    But it was mostly a dominance thing.

11. truckermde

truckermde Senior Member

:thumb:

12. TheWGuitar

TheWGuitar Senior Member

Martha,
    You poor, poor thing. Prison really is prison, that was a shock to your system wasn't it!!
    Based on how she described it, you'd think she did hard time with the serial killers. Give me a break. "I couldn't walk out the gate or cross the lake" That made me laugh. :laugh2:

Cry me a river. If you don't want to be there, don't commit a heinous enough crime to be sent there! Very simple.

acstorfer likes this.
  13. electric head

electric head Don't answer the phone Premium Member

She must be coming out with a book or something. I know who she is and that she went to prison but in the end.
    Who cares..

That was like 13 years ago..

acstorfer likes this.
  14. Crotch

Crotch Members Only Premium Member

I heard she cooked her a delicious meal with a beautiful tablescape and they fell deeply in love.

acstorfer likes this.
  15. THDNUT

THDNUT Senior Member

It's because she knew you sit down to pee. :laugh2:

16. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

OMGLOL, people bitching about Martha Stewart.

acstorfer likes this.
  17. NewDayHappy

NewDayHappy Senior Member

My knees usually get so weak after a night with your mom and sister that I have to sit down.

Pekkerwood and acstorfer like this.
  18. HardCore Troubadour

HardCore Troubadour Senior Member

19. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

She's a billionaire and around these parts you can't throw a dead cat without hitting some small business owner that she has shorted. For the past 15 years or so, I have used the same driver (hard working guy who has built a limo company from one car up to many) to go back and forth to the airport and such. He fired Martha as a customer (way back before she became infamous) for not paying and berating and belittling his driver.

There is a great story about her demanding to use the phone at the South East Harbor (Maine) fire house (she has an estate in Seal Harbor, next door)...

acstorfer likes this.
  20. DotStudio

DotStudio Senior Member