Off-duty Dallas cop kills man after entering wrong apartment

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by TheX, Sep 7, 2018.

1. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

I'm at a loss to understand how this could have possibly happened.

An off-duty Dallas police officer mistakenly walked into an apartment she thought was her own and shot a man dead Thursday night, police said.

Police and the district attorney want to get to the bottom of what happened.

"Preliminary information suggests that the officer arrived home in full uniform after working a full shift," according to a statement Friday on the Dallas police blog.

"The officer reported to the responding officers that she entered the victim's apartment believing that it was her own. At some point, the officer fired her weapon striking the victim.

"Responding officers administered aid to the victim, a 26-year-old male, at the scene. The victim was then transported to the hospital and pronounced deceased. Next of kin notification has not been made at this time."

Police have not identified the officer, who will be "placed on administrative leave pending the outcome" of the investigation.

Journalists who spoke with police "said the officer who fired her weapon had not been interviewed. Officials would not answer questions as to how the mix-up happened, or how the officer got inside someone else's apartment."

The Southside Flats, where the shooting occurred, are a block away from Dallas police headquarters.

mtgguitar likes this.

2. splatter

splatter Senior Member

bring her up on charges immediately.Wrongful death and manslaughter at lease if not murder

3. elephantrider

elephantrider Senior Member

seems pretty self explanatory. enters wrong house thinking a burglar is in HER house,
    and decides to take a life. will see what deets come out in the next few days.

i have no idea how you mistake someone else's domicile thinking it's your own. i've
    stumbled back to my pad many a night, and never once walked into the wrong house.

4. Dun Ringill

Dun Ringill Premium Member

+1 to this!

Droog, Pekkerwood and elephantrider like this.

5. MooCheng

MooCheng Senior Member

this doesn't add up, walk into some one else's apartment and think its your own.....yeah sure

wonder if theres been a relationship between the officer and deceased

6. Bluesky

Bluesky Senior Member

Mark my words......more to this story. Shes banging him. Either way its Murder. Either 1st degree or manslaughter. Ive worked 36 hrs straight in a hurricane ......and I knew how to get home. Sorry, wrong apartment doesnt cut it. Did she have a key? Was the door open? Its such a bad excuse. Garantee there is more to it.

7. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Senior Member

We had a guy tell a story, where he went over to visit a friend. The friend didn't answer the door, so he just walked in. He heard someone in the shower, so he just sat on the couch to wait. As he sat there he was looking around and noticed strange pictures of a Mom and her daughters. It was then he remembered his friend had moved to another house. So he got up and left as quietly as he could.

:laugh2:

8. Olds442

Olds442 Senior Member

dude left the door unlocked?

we need much more deets here. this is crazy. how do you not know you aren't in your apartment? you'd have to be completely hammered.

9. LSAR

LSAR Pure Evil Premium Member

:wtf:

Relevant links?

Is the officer in jail, and if not why?

This shit doesn't make sense on any level.

10. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

My thoughts exactly.

Pekkerwood and Olds442 like this.

11. Bluesky

Bluesky Senior Member

True story. We got a brand new Wa Wa in town. Im so used to the old one. Its identical to the old one except the bathrooms are switched. So i walk in in full uniform and open the door to the ladies room. Woman is just starring at me while checking herself in the mirror.

I was like holy shit......WTF? I tried to explain to the woman but luckily she didn't speak english or seem to give a shit. That sucked......

12. fett

fett Double Platinum Supporter

What happened to police procedure? If she had time to draw her weapon, she had time to assess the situation. Go Directly to Jail. Do Not Pass Go.

13. Left Paw

Left Paw Senior Member

I can't think of a way she's not on big trouble one this one. Guy is a single bachelor. As soon as you walk in it should be easy to tell it isn't a woman's type of place.

14. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

But but but....cops are the only ones responsible enough and trained enough to have guns..........still in uniform from her shift. Enters wrong apartment. Sounds like she was in uniform but not in control of her mental faculties. I wonder if she was "confused" while on duty. Or if it was intentional. She will get a slap on the wrist. The taxpayers will pay the victims family and they will shuffle her around in the department.

15. Hatefulsob

Hatefulsob Senior Member

If Dallas is now located in Florida, this story makes perfect sense.

Bobby Mahogany likes this.

16. LSAR

LSAR Pure Evil Premium Member

Yeah after reading a bit more on it...no.

Working on getting a warrant for manslaughter? What in the actual shit is that? The integrity of the entire organization just evaporated, right there.

Burglary/criminal trespass, and murder?
    She should have been arrested on the spot, regardless of what she was wearing. There should be some serious scrutiny placed on the responding officer(s) as well, if not charges laid.

kiko, SteveGangi, rxbandit and 2 others like this.

17. Fracture

Fracture Senior Member

alcohol, drugs......PMS ?

18. NorlinBlackBeauty

NorlinBlackBeauty Senior Member

19. kakerlak

kakerlak Senior Member

From what I've read here-and-there, she gets off on the wrong floor of apartments, goes to that floor's equivalent of her unit and tries at length and in vain to get her key to turn the lock. Eventually, the guy opens the door to see who's there on and, at some point thereafter, she shoots and kills him. Guy was a recent college graduate and an associate at Price Waterhouse, active in the local church and community -- super up-and-comer. It's outrageous that she was not immediately arrested.

SteveGangi, Harmony, Howard2k and 4 others like this.