Octave/Pitch Shift pedals?

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by peterjc, Jul 26, 2017.

1. peterjc

peterjc Senior Member

hey guys just purchased an exh pitch fork pedal and was wondering where do you guys place them? In the loop or out in front? im thinking it will be more dramatic in the loop and slightly cleaner?

2. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

Try both. My bet is in front of the amp, after OD/distortion pedals.

peterjc likes this.
  3. Barnaby

Barnaby Premium Member

I use the POG and POG2 a fair bit and, for my use, put them first in the chain. I find it's cleaner. Then again, I do a lot of looping, and use them to do things like bass lines and ambient chordal textures. All depends on what you're into. I agree with northernguitarguy...try both!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    peterjc likes this.
  4. carydad

carydad Senior Member

B9->PF-etc
    Near the front so the it can modify a clean tone instead of trying to deal with an affected one. I recommend the expression pedal. Turns it into a whammy/bomb or even a fake trem-bar in a pinch.

northernguitarguy and peterjc like this.
  5. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

+1

northernguitarguy likes this.
  6. bossaddict

bossaddict Premium Member

+2

I put my OC-2, WH-1, and BYOC Armstrong Twin in front of just about everything. I've found that they track best when they can get the strongest and purest signal possible. It does affect how it sounds and might sound a little cleaner after your drives, but I kind of like it to be a little hairy.
    :rock:

northernguitarguy and peterjc like this.
  7. Hidden_Income

Hidden_Income Premium Member

yep - out front. Mine is 2nd in chain, right after the buffer/boost, before the vibe, wah, od's, and delays. I found it sounded best that way with fuzz, tried it after and it was a mess...

8. carydad

carydad Senior Member

Used the PF "fake-floyd" function at a gig yesterday which got the attention of the sound guy who also plays guitar. Something like "how the f787 did you get your les paul to do that without breaking the neck?" He didnt have a clear line of sight thanks the the band banner and his shady outdoor location. Messed with him for a bit but finally admitted it was the PF set it -2 and the EB volume pedal used to dip it without splintering any innocent necks. Had the pedal for some time but using it like this only came to me a few months ago. Just a great pedal.

Mockbel likes this.
  9. peterjc

peterjc Senior Member

I agree it can do a lot almost a must pedal for a guitarist! I probably won't use that setting much but at least I have the option especially since I play les Paul's. It does a nice chorus with the blend down and the octaves track great which is what I will mainly use it for along with the other harmonies! Pity it didn't have a minor 3rd! I also love the option of tuning down or up depending on song. I know other octave pedals have better control over levels but this does so much more.