NVGD: 1960 Les Paul Junior

Discussion in 'Vintage Les Pauls' started by bossaddict, Aug 5, 2017.

1. bossaddict

bossaddict Premium Member

Thanks to all for the nice comments!

Here's a little more about the guitar. It came from the son of the original owner, who put the "S" sticker on the TRC (I think it is his last initial). I considered removing it, but actually kind of like it as part of the guitar's history. It's just a little over 7 lbs for those that are interested in that sort of thing. It has a single black beauty cap in the circuit and like I mentioned, is a rocker. :)

I just ordered a new dynamic mic (Sennheiser e906) last night, so hopefully I can get around to posting a video next week. If all else fails, I can just hit record on my cell phone while I'm playing it and stop trying to be all professional about it. :laugh2:

2. neozecat

neozecat Senior Member

Nice pick.
    Welcome to the Club !

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  3. Mr Insane

Mr Insane Senior Member

very nice guitar

bossaddict likes this.
  4. bossaddict

Thanks again to everyone for the comments. For those that are still listening :) I finally got around to making a little video with some sound samples last night.

The first few minutes are the '60 Junior. A member here was asking about the sound of my '64 SG Junior, so I give it a whirl starting at around 4:50. Once I did that, I decided to see for myself how that compared to my '57 Special and '65 Junior. After I did that, I decided to just include all my P-90 Gibsons and finished with the '54 Goldtop. :laugh2:

It's mostly just noodling and I tried to play similar types of things for each.

Despite the pedal board, I'm just running into an Analogman King of Tone, a TC Hall of Fame Mini using the SimoVerb tone print, and a Marshall Astoria Classic combo for this video. For the first two guitars, I switched back and forth between the high gain and standard sides of the KoT, but left it on the high gain for the other guitars.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Wow, youtube didn't do nice things to the audio of this. :( Sorry for the clipping, but I think you can still get the idea. Maybe.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Crotch, OBX351 and Slater529 like this.
  5. dreams

dreams Member

what a great collection, , they all sound pretty good to me, love the face at about 9:00 , something like "man this a lot of work playing all these old gibsons!! "

bossaddict likes this.
  6. bossaddict

Haha, no, more of a "well, I've gone this far, I might as well do the rest of them."

7. Roadcat

Roadcat Member

Here's my recently acquired '60. Bone stock bone rattler. image.jpeg

OBX351, bossaddict and lawrev like this.
  8. gibsonguitar1988

gibsonguitar1988 Senior Member

HNVGD.

bossaddict likes this.
  9. OBX351

OBX351 Senior Member

CONGRATS!!!! I love Jrs...a buddy of mine asked me about missing the neck pickup and I gave him a little "woman tone" and he looked at me funny and went "...oh". Anyway nice purchase!!!

bossaddict likes this.