NUPD: TC Electronic Sub n up

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by efstop, Oct 1, 2017.

1. efstop

efstop Senior Member

I wasn't looking to buy any more pedals today. I was just driving around to the Hock Shop and a couple of music stores. At Long & McQuade I spied an off-rental TC Electronic Subnup for $40 below retail. It's like new. I thought of buying one before, but not for $180 CDN (that's overpriced, IMO.)

Anyway, brought it home, plugged in my '17 Tribute T on one side, my Vox AmPlug in the other, and fired it up.

Gosh.

Deep Purple without having to drag around a keyboard player and a B3.

One octave up, or one AND two down all at the same time or individually, each controlled by a volume control. In fact, all four knobs are just volume controls as the octaves are always being produced. One tiny switch for Poly, Tone Print and Classic. I have no intention of messing with programming because there are tons of sounds available. Removing the dry signal gives you pure organ tones with high and a low octave turned up, or strange things indeed with just the octave up. Using the sub 2 setting by itself is very bass-like, but doesn't exactly sound like a bass. I was trying to find a 12-string sound, but haven't found that yet.

Cool toy. I think I'll use this pedal for noodling more than just about any of my other pedals, just because it's so much fun.

2. cousingrandpa

cousingrandpa Senior Member

The local Sam Ash had one for $80 used last winter, couldn't pass it up. Very useful pedal, totally cop the keyboard for I'm A Man & great octave fuzz tones with any fuzz or distortion pedal.
    Killer pedal.

efstop likes this.
  3. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

Congrats! It seems as one of the most interesting releases from TC. Octaves are indeed so much fun.

efstop likes this.