NPD - Trio

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by scooter500, Jan 13, 2018.

1. scooter500

scooter500 Senior Member

Picked it up for $50 new and I know, by now MLP has had a ton of great reviews on this pedal, but just gotta say this thing just made practicing scales really FUN! This is the first time in a long while that I actually stopped playing because my fingers were tired.

Guitar Rod, ktj, Dun Ringill and 5 others like this.
  2. Riffraff12571

Riffraff12571 Senior Member

That's crazy cheap. I got one last year for the full $149 price. :facepalm: When i saw that price a month ago I picked one up for my son too so I guess I got the benefit of that sale after all. When I tried mine last year I used a pair of amplified studio monitors which wasn't the best choice then didn't break it out again until recently. I've got a full on PA/mixer which will obviously offer the best sound for the bass/drum output but it's a lot of crap to drag out just to play a little guitar so I haven't tried that yet. I did try it with a Ditto looper and a small solid state amp for the bass/drum outs and it was pretty fun.

How are you using your Trio?

3. ktj

ktj Senior Member

I picked one up around xmas for $64CAD. Still haven't had a chance to play with it as yet. hoping to soon. it's been a great price, I figure, I'm going to, like riffraff noted, try putting my loop in front of it.

4. scooter500

scooter500 Senior Member

Like a newb! I just stuck it at the end on the pedal chain then into the amp, maybe play 2 to 4 measures worth of chords, try a setting, keep the bass low and grin!

Don Carr Sweetwater has a helpful review posted and this thread is helpful: http://www.mylespaul.com/threads/npd-digitech-trio-band-in-a-box-one-mans-review.339198/ looks like quite a few other MLP threads but this one got me started.

5. garybaldy

garybaldy Senior Member

I've seen these cheap and been really tempted but am now asking myself if I need the Trio+.