NPD: Strymon Lex

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by jwehrman, Aug 12, 2017.

1. jwehrman

jwehrman Senior Member

I bit the bullet and got a Strymon Lex and I effing love this thing. I thought about waiting to try a Neo Ventilator II, but nobody carries them - unless it's special ordered and paid for. I listened to nearly every video clip I could find, but I still wanted to try it. In the end, I didn't feel whatever subtle difference was worth nearly double for one effect. Plus, I didn't wanna risk the money being tied up in store credit after a trade up if I didn't like it. Anyhow, like everyone else has raved, this thing rocks. Some have noted it has a high shrill tone. I've noted some kind of sharpness, but I've found it's easy to dial away with some setting and volume adjustments. I don't think it's really meant to be used with a ton of heavy overdrive (aside from the setting). I've hooked it up to speakers at two opposites sides of the room and have been running the gamut of combos: reverb, chorus, delay, etc. But I think I really dig it most without any additions.

2. kboman

kboman Senior Member

HNPD!

Re the "shrillness", Strymon are pretty obsessive about keeping as neutral and clean a signal as possible through their pedals and I think this is what is sometimes felt to be "too bright", "sterile" or similar sentiments. Just a matter of taste :)

3. bluefrog

bluefrog Senior Member

I first ordered a mini vent II guitar , but it was not working did not switch off.
    I had to return it and got a Lex 2nd hand, what even safed money.
    I don't look back, compared :
    well the Lex is routher sounding, vs the mini vent II guitar for my purpose/blues old school and southern music this tiny! - "routhness" is even actually better.
    Lex is a very cool pedal.