NPD - Strymon Flint

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by christophervolume, Apr 23, 2017.

1. christophervolume

christophervolume Senior Member

wow.

what an insanely great pedal.....
    first off, i am not a big "pedal guy". the only effects i really ever run are reverb, trem, and overdrive for leads. i've got a handful of amps. some have reverb, some have trem. the only one i have that has both is a vox pathfinder 15 i use at home mainly for songwriting. this thing makes my cheap amps sound GREAT and my expensive amps sound GODLY. the spring 60s spring reverb is the main verb i use with it and it sounds great. very lush and "drippy". the other two sound awesome. i'm surprised how much fun i've had messing with the 80s reverb. really can get some creative juices flowing, playing with over the top sounds i would usually never get to try. the trem options are incredible for one pedal. it nails my favorite trem vibes like slim harpo and magic sam. can get all the classic fogerty/ccr and even gets the johnny marr how soon is now vibe. it's an expensive pedal, but gives you so many options. worth every penny. definitely the best pedal i've purchased in a long time. maybe ever.

[​IMG]

2. Travis19

Travis19 Senior Member

congrats. This is a great pedal. I put one on my board about three years ago and it's been there ever since. The reverb & tremolo work very well together.

3. christophervolume

i hear ya. like i said, pedals are usually just an afterthought for me. but this pedal has so many sonic capabilities....

4. Burst Boy

Burst Boy Senior Member

I have one too. It's an insanely good sounding pedal. In my personal opinion I reckon the Spring reverb sounds better than my Princeton Re-Issue. The 80's verb combined with the harmonic trem gives some awesomely nice ethereal sounds, something of a surprise because I never expected trem & verb could do such things when combined. You are correct about sonic capabilities. I also have a Deco, my first Strymon pedal and it's insanely good sounding as well. Everything about both these pedals is awesome and I cant fault them (they are pricey but I don't care, they are pedals for life).

christophervolume likes this.
  5. Phil W

Phil W Senior Member

I've had one for a few years and it's always given great results. If you've not yet tried it in stereo then DO IT NOW!!!
    Careful though, Strymon units are addictive. I have nine.

MUSTANGCAT likes this.
  6. christophervolume

i have tried it in stereo. incredibly fun! i was using an old dunlop ts1 tremolo that could do stereo but it doesn't sound nearly as good as the strymon, plus doesn't have all the different sound options and awesome reverb. i'm not a surf guitar player by any means, but have always had an affinity for it in the back of my mind (like i do anything retro). this pedal has had me up for days playing around with cool surf style leads and song ideas. ultimately as a songwriter, that's what i love about this pedal. inspiration! i can't turn this thing off...

Phil W likes this.
  7. christophervolume

made a quick and dirty demo for the type of tunes i usually come up with. dig....

JohnnyN likes this.
  8. MUSTANGCAT

MUSTANGCAT Banned

Demo sounds excellent. I've eye balled these for some time now. In the future it might become an addition. That company makes some very nice effects.

9. christophervolume

Cheers. I hope you get a chance to try one.

MUSTANGCAT likes this.
  10. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Old School Premium Member

The Flint is on my short list of gear to buy. Very nice demo :)

MUSTANGCAT likes this.