**NPD** (New POD Day)

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by b-squared, Jul 7, 2011.

1. b-squared

b-squared Banned

Got it the mail yesterday...the POD HD500.

So far I'm liking it...but not liking the tweaking required. Lincoln Brewster hasn't put his HD500 patches out yet, so I'm having to make my own for now. (I've emailed and 'tweeted' him asking for them.)

I have some good preliminary patches, and will be tweaking a bit more...if anyone else has the HD series and wants them, let me know.

Is it as good as a Carol-Ann or Landry amp? No, not really. But for the convenience, it's pretty cool.

BB

2. Ed B

Ed B Senior Member

I have a Digitech GNX4. I bought it during a period where plugging into my amps wasn't an option (newborn nearby). It is very cool!! So much fun! And since you gig I think you'll really appreciate the ease.

If the Pod is anything like the GNX you'll need to put in hours in order use it to it's full potential. Good luck with it. :dude:

3. b-squared

b-squared Banned

I've had both the XtLive and the X3Live, so I'm well-aware of the benefits. :D I've been using the X3 at church for about 2 years.

It's just all the tweaking involved...my ADHD is kicking in. LOL

BB

Ed B likes this.
  4. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Senior Member

BB, i have the X3 deskpod and i love it, i also have the pocketpod and there is one sound in that little monster that i cant get on the X3, its really good, warm and punchy.

I have a friend here that has the HD500 but i have not been too incline to ask for it to test it because i was expecting a bit more from Line6 when they launched the HD series.

Using high gain models i think its not the appropriate way to compare sounds between modelers, almost all sound the same. It is in the clean and breakup stage where a real sound can be tested for how accurate and dynamic the amp model has been actually modeled. So, you, having both units how do you find the cleans and theĀ”at breakup sound in the new HD compared to the X3?

thanks.