NPD Korg Miku

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by Dirtyclinic, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Dirtyclinic

Dirtyclinic Senior Member

Okay, this thing seemed pretty cool in YouTube videos so I took the plunge. It really does not track well if you play quick notes at all. It is pretty sweet with long smooth melodic lines. I did get a good laugh out of it but overall it probably isn't worth it. I just wish that when you pluck a string, the sound comes out sooner. There is this slight pause before the note comes out and that is what drives me crazy. I am definitely going to play around with it more before decide whether to get rid of it or not.....maybe I can figure out how to make it work for me.

[​IMG]

CaptainT likes this.
  2. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

Congrats, I had a good laugh about the Chappers/Captain videos too:)

Maybe try it with a compressor in front?

Cheers

3. Rich

Rich Non sequitur Premium Member

I bought one a year or two ago any have the same opinion about it.

However, if I can record the next "Stairway to Heaven" or "Sweet Child O' Mine," people will be like "Dude! What are you using to get that AWESOME sound?" and I'll be all like "Dude, it's the Korg Miku" and they'll be all up in my grill like "Dude! Seriously? That weird uncool pedal that everyone and anyone who is COOOL makes fun of?" and I'll be like all back up in THEIR grill like "Yeah, dude, that's the one and I've been hip to it for YEARS! Where YOU been, dawg? Don't you feel all uncool and undudely NOW, BIATCH!" And then I'd flash them my best Ronnie James Dio devil horns sign before turning and strutting away like Travolta and sell it on Ebay for like $1,000... maybe more since it will have been owned by a rock star.

So, that's kind of the way I like to imagine it going down.

4. freak

freak Silver Supporter

Wait, what? :squint:

northernguitarguy and Rich like this.
  5. Dirtyclinic

Dirtyclinic Senior Member

It is nice to see you have a plan...much better than my plan to either put it on a shelf and bust it out when I need a laugh or to just sell it on EBay.

CaptainT and Rich like this.