NPD, EHX Glove

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by VerbalPuke, Nov 21, 2017.

1. VerbalPuke

VerbalPuke Senior Member

I always dig distortion. So I had 20 dollars from guitar center and ordered a new EHX Glove. Wasn't sure what I wanted and didn't want to spend a ton.

I had been curious about the Fulltone OCD/Joyo Ultimate Overdrive. Well, turns out EHX also makes a clone so essentially you do pay more than the Joyo, but EHX make good quality pedals. So I figured this was a nice compromise between the Joyo and OCD.

First impression, wow, this thing is muddy sounding. Oh wait, my toddler turned the bass on my amp to 10. Ok, so that's sorted and yeah I like this pedal. It's a nice crunch which is how I use most OD. Seemed to compliment my fuzz pedal well also but didn't get deep into that.

It's my third OD and I like the simplicity over the Black Forest and it's way less noisy than the Witch Burner. Not sure it will replace my Witch Burner but it was a solid buy.

Makes me wish I hadn't bought a metal muff from EHX initially because that soured me a bit. EHX seems like a great place for affordable but high quality OD and Fuzz. I'm kinda intrigued by their new Russian Fuzz, which is pretty similar to the bass muff?

Now I kind of want to see how good the Soulfood and East River (is that it?) Drive are. I love distortion and an always looking for different variations.

Now if I just knew the proper way to dial in...

northernguitarguy likes this.
  2. Les Paul Newb

Les Paul Newb Senior Member

The east river drive is their version of a tube screamer.

The soul food (arguably their best OD) is a thinner sounding klon.

The crayon (Timmy clone) & the soulfood are great. The glove is good too. Hot tubes ain't bad neither. It really comes down to what sounds good through your amp.

3. VerbalPuke

VerbalPuke Senior Member

I played with it more today and really like it. I'm playing through a 68 Deluxe Reverb Reissue. Maybe it's the honeymoon but it kicked my other OD and Fuzz off my board. Found a really cool tone with the reverb on 7 and a rest subtle delay. I think some may have found the sound annoying but there was something to it.

4. ant_riv

ant_riv Senior Member

I have a Glove, which I use at home and a Soul Food that is on my gigging board.
    I really like them both.