NPD: Earthquaker The Hoof

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by J-Dizzle, Sep 27, 2017.

1. J-Dizzle

J-Dizzle Senior Member

So I've been in the market for a fuzz for a really, really long time.

I like fuzz tones, but have struggled to find a pedal that didn't sound like utter garbage when I tried it in person.

Then I found The Hoof. All I can say is that it is head and shoulders above any other fuzz pedal I've tried. The amount of usable tones you can get out of it are just phenomenal, and the controls are very functional. IMO you can get a huge amount of different style fuzz tones but it just does them all better.

And no matter how much fuzz you have dialed in, from just a little to a lot, it all sounds great. There is no struggle whatsoever to achieve a good usable tone from it no matter what your fuzz preference is.

Its probably the only fuzz I'll ever buy and will likely never leave the pedalboard.

All hail The Hoof!

[​IMG]

Guitaraxe and Fuggle like this.
  2. Burst Boy

Burst Boy Senior Member

Earthquaker make awesomely cool pedals. I have a couple but no Fuzz. It's good having easy-to-dial-in pedals (which I have a number) for moments when ya just wanna play but I have a couple of Fuzz pedals (early version VFE Fuzz Duo and Fairfield Unpleasant Surprise) that are challenging to dial in but it's fun and satisfying when sweet spots are hit.

3. Fuggle

Fuggle Member

I really dig my Hoof. And it sounds killer at bedroom volume, unlike my old Big Muff that needed to have the amp cranked to really shine.

4. artis_xe

artis_xe Christopher Premium Member

too many different versions of distortion and fuzz available . I keep looking for one that I'm really in love with __ instead of have many different versions of the same effect

right now I'm working with just 3 . the colorsound clone ( built by Bling ) . an Ibanez Tube screamer . and a Big Muff

I'm not looking for something too smooth and creamy . I could swear that they build compression into some of the circuits

I need something with some real crunch