NPD: BUGGFX Syntech Harmonic Energizer

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by northernguitarguy, Dec 30, 2017.

1. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

Welcome to part two of my BUGG fuzz holiday joy! I wrote about the Raincoat in another thread, this one is about another pedal he slipped me.

At first, I didn’t know what to make of this one. The original is billed as a ‘cocked-wah fuzz’. Appropriate description. ‘Rare an hens teeth’, so the internet folklore goes.

Immediately, I’m hearing low-fi fuzz, similar to a Moserite Fuzzrite clone I had a few years ago. I tweaked it a bit, and I was getting a spitting image. And this is no joke, because this effect is the hairiest, hissiest, spittiest, fuzz you can imagine. The musical equivalent to a wonderful, wet, slobbery razz-berry. And that’s what each note sounds like. Think Satisfaction.

Started in on some power chords, and it was perfect. I instinctively riff out I Wanna Be Your Dog. I’m the goddamned Reverend himself.

Bugg added on a volume control, seems a very smart addition. Volume levels can be maintained while the gain can be cranked for some truly wacky fuzz. Frequency and width controls the nasal honk inherent in the effect.

I was dreaming of a Fuzzy Christmas and Bugg granted me my wish. I am grateful to be the recipient of his generosity. Thanks Bugg!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  2. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

We want: :photos:

Congrats, man! It seems you're getting hooked both on fuzz and on Robert's creations!

northernguitarguy likes this.
  3. northernguitarguy

The Raincoat is firmly on the board. The Energizer is still in the 'test spot'. Both are Bugg prototypes, so they have no graphics. I've been bugging my artist missus to do some hand-drawn illustrations on both. She is spectacular at animals, and most of them are fuzzy, should be perfect!

I am a Bugg-man now, his pedals are magnificent!
    [​IMG]

WhiteEpiLP and Hector Arcadius like this.
  4. northernguitarguy

I found the perfect graphic for my sweetie to paint on this one. Totally suits this pedal to a tee.

[​IMG]

Hector Arcadius likes this.