Notice to All Business Classified Advertisers

Discussion in 'Front Desk' started by FLICKOFLASH, Jan 5, 2009.

1. matt@msscguitar

matt@msscguitar www.MSSCGuitar.com Premium Member V.I.P. Member MLP Vendor

Nutty clown :laugh2:

2. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH V.I.P. Member

a couple clicks delete all & everything will be fine :D

3. matt@msscguitar

matt@msscguitar www.MSSCGuitar.com Premium Member V.I.P. Member MLP Vendor

Flick just beat down the clown with a big stick :laugh2:

4. FLICKOFLASH

Here some ideas we have tossed around. A flat reasonable yearly fee , you would have to have a certain # of posts ( meaning a REAL MLP'er) & you would get a banner like the VIP banner under your name, We may limit the posts to one business thread (which all listings would be added)& allow periodic special event sales thread.

5. baccaruda

baccaruda Member

I've been hanging out at the ultimate subaru message board for several years now, and one of the practices there is to designate some features as donation-based privileges. This includes editing one's posts in the off-topic area, increased PM storage, "stealth" online status, and a custom thingy by your name that designates you as a donor. We recently moved onto our very own non-shared, more-secure server and donations have been sufficient to allow this. I'm not certain how big MLP is compared to USMB but given the rate of refresh in the MLP Member Classifieds, I might guess MLP is bigger (or richer:naughty:)
    I started a T-shirt fundraiser ($5/donated per shirt) that I'll be running for a month over there. If something like that would be welcome here, it's something I enjoy doing.... :cool:

6. FLICKOFLASH

Thinking we may need to crack down on flyby business posters who are not contributing to the forum & or have under 50 non spam postings. Also finding some people posting here have a 97-100% spam rate to their posts. We are here to help one another not be taking advantage of nor our members. I also found one poster this morn that linked off to a page that he collected of random deals as though to help member. Little did I know at first the link loading live sex chats Spam ware. Not Cool !!!

7. FLICKOFLASH

The problem with this signature links & banners is picture this : you have one pic banner in your signature just for exaple say its 100 kbs & say you have 10,000 posts that equals 1,000,000 kbs. Now imagine that by 11,000 members with signatures.