not getting email notifications

Discussion in 'Front Desk' started by Lestergain, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Lestergain

Lestergain Member

Hi,
    I double checked everything often but I do not get any notification (subscribed threads, private msgs etc). I checked the spam in my server but its all ok.
    Any clues?

Thanks for any help

2. dukeh62

dukeh62 Senior Member

Me either. Another member I've been PM'ing said the same thing. So that's at least three of us. I made no changes to my settings, and they all look right.

3. Skit

Skit Witch Doctor Premium Member

I haven't received any for months now.

4. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

I got mine today when a PM was sent to me. Odd that some would work and not others.

5. tazzboy

tazzboy V.I.P. Member

Did you go into User CP click on Edit Option in the Setting and Option in left hand column, Scroll down to Messaging and Notifications and check the following boxes

Default Thread Subscription Mode: Make instant Notification

Private Messaging: Check ones you want like I have the following:Enable Private Messaging, Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages, Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up, Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

The click Save and should do the trick.

6. Hydrasports205

Hydrasports205 Senior Member

I was going to post about this too, I haven't gotten any email notifications in about a week. All my options are set right...

7. tazzboy

tazzboy V.I.P. Member

Is your email address enter in correctly?

8. Hydrasports205

Yes, I've gotten them for years. I never changed anything, they just stopped coming in a few days ago. I've checked everything in my email settings and can't find any problems on my end. It seems like I noticed the forum was briefly down at some point last week and I want to say since then I haven't gotten any.

9. Lestergain

Lestergain Member

+1
    everything is right (never changed) and not getting any by weeks

...could it be something relevant to cookies?

10. wilded

wilded Junior Member

Anybody figure this out yet? I checked all the proper items and I am getting no email notices on anything.:dunno:

11. Classicplayer

Classicplayer Senior Member

This the 3rd day that I've received no email notifications on thread subscriptions.
    Would it be advisable to delete the cookie for MLP and sign back in to create another?

What I've done is create a desktop icon of subscribed threads page to help, but I still have to scroll down each page for current posts!?

Classicplayer

12. Classicplayer

I also belong to the Marshall Amp forum and I'm wondering if it is on the same server as MLP. The Marshall forum went down 3 days ago for software update and change to its format. Now instead of getting thread notifications there, "alerts" denoted in red will show new posts to my subscribed threads....hmmmmmm!

Classicplayer

13. Harmony

Harmony V.I.P. Member

I've been getting mine daily without problems (subscriptions), except two nights I received double the amount :laugh2:
    Pm's are working fine too.

Not sure what the problem is with you all. It is odd indeed.
    Be sure that you have it set as daily notifications and by email... checking that it has not gone back to default.

Instant notifications for threads has never been consistent. Hit and miss on that one.

I would suggest that if you are set up to where you log in as (remember me), uncheck that, clear cache and cookies and history, then log in without (remember me) and see if that makes a difference.

1 person likes this.
  14. Hydrasports205

anybody had any luck resolving this yet?

15. Classicplayer

Not I, cried a forum member. I've wiped the forum cookie after signing out and then signed in once again, but not luck so far. My email is via Roadrunner with Time Warner. I'm wondering if it's in the MLP forum or else a Roadrunner problem.

As of now, I can get around the situation by making a desktop icon of my subscriptions page and check posting (new) on that.

Classicplayer

16. Alex

Alex Administrator Super Mod Premium Member

I'm pretty sure your ISP is blocking emails from MLP. You can either call and ask them to whitelist MLP or wait until we move to a new dedicated server next month which should fix the email issue.

No, MF is on a different dedicated server. By default, you get notifications without email on MF. If you set it to receive email notifications, you should get them without issue. Let me know if that is not the case.

2 people like this.
  17. Classicplayer

Alex, thank you for post. The Marshall forum sends me email responses to threads that I "watch". They are in a new format. Along with the emails, I also get the "alerts" (not in all cases, though) denoted at the top of page in red.

My ISP is not blocking those, but it took a few days from the MF emails to start reaching my computer after the forum software was updated. My ISP does not seem to be blocking any other type emails though. I don't plan on contacting the ISP. I will wait for next month when MLP gets to a newer server. For now, I'll use my work-around.

Classicplayer

18. Hydrasports205

Don't know about anybody else, but I started receiving them again around noon today.

19. Classicplayer

I've been receiving mine since this evening.

Classicplayer

20. Lestergain

Lestergain Member

Ive received the one for this thread ...finally, thanks