North Korean prison camps.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Alligatorbling, Sep 29, 2017.

1. OldBenKenobi

OldBenKenobi Senior Member

Sure does.

2. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

Wow. Ready to cough up Vancouver and Seattle in a retaliatory strike?

3. Chester Drawers

Chester Drawers Senior Member

MMM, have you the recipe?

08a41ac7034bd2bfb5cbb1f60a8a30db.jpg

northernguitarguy likes this.
  4. 45WinMag

45WinMag Senior Member

My biggest worry is that a war with NK and the PRC wouldn't be fought in a manner to settle the issue, but in a manner to set up perpetual conflict in order to funnel money from the taxpayer to large logistics contractors. Attempting to half-ass a "win" in order to maximize spending (like Iraq) is a recipe for an outright loss against China.

5. Malikon

Malikon アストロモンスター V.I.P. Member

I really don't think there would be a retaliatory strike. They're going to have one shot and then holy hell is going to rain down on NK the likes of which they can't even imagine.

6. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

I think they know it. What nobody knows is the extent of carnage that NK's 'Operation One-Shot' could bring.

7. Marshall & Moonshine

Marshall & Moonshine Senior Member

He’d probably give up the Canadian Vancouver.

Young Ben Kenobi didn’t strike me as being so reckless with life.
    That Anikin shit really did a number on him.

8. 45WinMag

45WinMag Senior Member

There may be an issue with this. "They" definitely know it, but fat boy might not. There is a lot of speculation that Kim's brass is aware of US military capabilities and how NK compares, but are terrified to give Kim an honest appraisal of the situation.

9. Marshall & Moonshine

Perhaps because it’s better to die in a missile strike than to be filleted alive in Tubby’s basement, so nobody says it out loud.
    But obviously Kim knows it anyway, or he’d have done something real, by now.
    He doesn’t strike me as the type of guy to not beat someone’s ass if he knows he can.
    His generals might be able to narrow the length of time before his decisive defeat down to a half hour or so, but the knowledge of said defeat couldn’t possibly come as surprise.

10. Roberteaux

Roberteaux Alien Hominid V.I.P. Member

Let's put it this way:

The Chinese aren't so worried about being overwhelmed by millions of North Korean refugees for just nothin'.

--R

11. Marshall & Moonshine

Is it possible that they would regard them as invaders if they tried to escape into China, and just break out the Gatling guns on the border?

12. Malikon

out of curiosity why would the NK's go North to China and not South towards S.Korea?

Am I missing something obvious? I'd think refuge Koreans would want to be with Koreans.

Lets be honest, Asians are hella-racist. :laugh2: I'd assume they'd prefer to be with their own.

13. Roberteaux

Last I checked, the Chinese were massing troops along their border. Of course, they might be there to stave off some US/South Korean invasion of the Nork-lands... but their deployment doesn't suggest that this is the primary reason they're on hand.

That is, they're scattered as a thin line for the length of the Chinese border, instead of being massed for rapid deployment as a formation intended to fight other military formations.

And I think that the Chinese would be more likely to simply disallow the crossing of the Yalu into China, than to massacre refugees.

Of course, some of them would be shot as a matter of course anyway. Gives the others the idea that the Chinese really do not want 'em coming in.

Just my guesses, of course. Ain't like the Chinese consult me when it comes to such matters. But again: I think that the nature of these deployments tell a bit of a tale to the observer.

--R

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  14. 45WinMag

45WinMag Senior Member

If you are in refugee mode, are you going to flee to the nation that has sponsored your country for almost 70 years, or are you going to flee into a country allied with people who you have been brainwashed to believe will drive nails into your head for fun?

15. Malikon

ahh, didn't know that. I just knew they were brainwashed that the evil big-nosed American Boogeymen wanted to kill them.

16. Roberteaux

I think that it has to do with wishing to flee from the fighting-- which would probably be more towards South Korea than China. Then too, distances are involved... and a lot of those would-be refugees would be walkin', not riding there or flying in. Those nearest to China would naturally gravitate towards Chinese territory... hell, I'll bet those within earshot of the explosions in areas where conflict rages would suddenly view a stroll towards the Yalu to be a wise course of action.

And yes: Asians are indeed extremely racist. But as it is, the Chinese do NOT consider Koreans to be members of the predominant groups (Han and Manchurian) present in China. In fact, the Chinese are not exactly fond of Koreans. About the only other Asian group they dislike with greater intensity would be the Japanese.

Hell, the Chinese even hate each other! :laugh2:

There are eight major ethnic groups in China, with all of them being somewhat at loggerheads against one another... and it's been that way for millennia, not just a couple hundred years. A large number of different languages are spoken in China, with the written script being the only truly standardized element in communication... and that's although the central government has tried mightily for decades to get everybody to speak Mandarin by teaching it in school.

So most in the country do have some grip on Mandarin... but damn: try and get a native Cantonese speaker to communicate in Mandarin and he will probably refuse to do so unless there's a very good reason. The Chinese pull the "no habla" act on one another incessantly.

And that's all within China.

--R

17. 45WinMag

45WinMag Senior Member

There's an entire museum in Sinchon dedicated to demonizing Americans. Schoolchildren are exposed to things like this from a young age:

[​IMG]

18. MikeyTheCat

MikeyTheCat Senior Member

They would and China is very worried about it.

19. OldBenKenobi

OldBenKenobi Senior Member

Yes.

North Korea must be eradicated and I'd bet my own life on Vancouver and Seattle not being hit in a retaliatory strike. If I'm wrong then oh well, the risk had to be taken.

20. redjunior

redjunior Senior Member

You forget the huge Navy presence Just across the sound from Seattle, 4 very important installations in Kitsap County. They are the most likely target. Happens to be my home town too.