Noisy pedals

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by ttl100, Dec 21, 2007.

1. ttl100

ttl100 Member

Hi. I need some help here. I got myself a Korg 600mA 9V AC-DC convertor for my effect pedals. The problem is the moment I plugged in the power my amp picks up the mains 50hz cycle. It's very annoying. I daisy chained the power supply from one source coming from the convertor using the adapter. I switched guitars between single coil pup to humbuckers and the annoying noise is still there. I tried next to disconnect power one pedal at a time. It is still noisy up to 2 pedals. But when I am down to one pedal, the noise disappeared completely.

How can I solve this problem? I was told not to daisy chain but if I don't daisy chain how do I power up all my pedals? Is there any secrets to this? Please advise.

TQ

2. ZoomZilla

ZoomZilla V.I.P. Member

You can probably find something cheaper than this, but something like this is what you need if you want to run multiple pedals and are getting interference.

Pedal Pad MPS-Lite Pedal Board and more Guitar Effects at GuitarCenter.com.

3. ttl100

ttl100 Member

I don't want to get any of these cos I like to customize. I have seen many people have used my method and even daisy chain with no problem. What is the secret here? Hmmmm ....... please help. Thanks!

4. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

making sure everything is grounded has alot to do with it
    and some times you need to reverse your dc converter plugin