No reviews or interest in BC rich? Whats happening?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Dawis67, Aug 22, 2017.

1. BBD

BBD Senior Member

I think it's fair to say that the Mockingbird and Eagle bodies are 'guitarists' guitars' while all the rest are shred/metal guitars. So hbucker does have a point, up to a point.

2. BBD

BBD Senior Member

Dawis67

Chinese theft of intellectual property from other nations is a big problem. Chibsons are a small part of that problem but a part of it all the same. As T00DEEPBLUE said. You are attempting to defend the indefensible.

bungle and C_Becker like this.
  3. Dawis67

Dawis67 Junior Member

Ok, about the gibson on the headstock. I will agree that ethically its wrong, but i really dont give a shit. Reason i didnt buy ESP or Epiphone or any other LP style guitar is because they are either ugly or look like a completely different guitar (ESP Eclipses are actually quite nice looking but they arent LP by any means). Epiphones headstock is ugly as fuck so thats the only reason i didnt get it (ik, insignificant reason but for me its just as much about the looks as the sound). Other cheaper brands that make LP-like guitars have wrong shape. I like the shape of the gibson LP and only that, anything else is just asthetically unpleasing for me.

Why didnt i buy a real gibson then you might ask. Budget and curiosity. I have head a crap load about Chibsons, some say that they are good and others hate them to death. I wanted to find out for myself. I looked long for a good seller with good rep and correct shape guitars (even chibson guitars have incorrect shape sometimes). Also im a student. I do have enough money for a gibson but it wouldnt be a wise purchase as im not a professional player and i have no fulltime job. If i had either of those things or just a bit more cash i would buy a gibson LP, which is what i intend to do anyways in the future.

As for the quality of chibsons, yes you can get a total piece of crap, but you can also get a pretty good one like i did. The difference is in the sellers. You find the right one and you will get a decent, Epiphone-quality (or sometimes better) instrument.

Also, i dont see why i should be ashamed. I dont put anyone out of job for buying a chibson. its not like i was thinking about getting a gibson and then changed my mind and got Chibson bcz it was cheaper. If it wasnt for a chibson i wouldnt have gotten a LP at all. If anything, i gave 300 bucks to some chinese dude who needed it. I am not going to sell the guitar and if anyone asks i will say its chinese. Im not trying to fool anyone beyond what the guitar looks like. If somebody looks at it and thinks its a gibson, so be it.

4. BBD

BBD Senior Member

Dawis67

An economist (or a corporate lawyer) would point out that you have fallen for the 'little ole me' fallacy. It's not 'just' you and your $300, it's all the money ever spent on fake Gibsons. When you consider the total sum paid to perpetrators of IP theft, suddenly the whole picture changes. And you can make the argument that as a whole, chibson-peddling does represent a threat to jobs in the US guitar industry.

5. Dawis67

Dawis67 Junior Member

Ok, take that money all back. Then ask the customers to put it elsewhere. All of them wont buy a gibson LP. I dont think there are many people who buy a chibson hoping for a Gibson USA. Most people buy out of curiosity. If they wouldnt had used 300 (most chibs cost arround 200-300 so maybe even less than 300) on a chibson, they wouldnt have thrown those 300+ extra 1500 for a Gibson LP.

6. BBD

BBD Senior Member

But you can't. It's gone into the pockets of a parasitic industry that sells illegal products. The only way to retain the money within the legitimate industry is to eradicate sales of fakes. Since this is difficult to do by fiat, it is immensely helpful if individuals recognise the 'little ole' me' fallacy for what it is and choose not to spend money on stolen IP. Which puts the ball right back in your court.

T00DEEPBLUE likes this.
  7. T00DEEPBLUE

T00DEEPBLUE Senior Member

Pretty much answers its own question, doesn't it? :slap:
    The irony in this post is that most of the time, even the Chinese fakers fail to get the headstock shape correct. :rofl:

You know, with the amount of money it costs to get a Chibson and replace all the parts that are terribad, you'll end up with about $500. You know what else gets you $500? A used Gibson that isn't a fake.
    [​IMG]

endial, bungle, BBD and 1 other person like this.
  8. Dawis67

Dawis67 Junior Member

The shape on my Chibson is spot on i would say.

Regarding the 500$ used gibson. Dunno which country you are from but in Norway a Gibson Classic (the cheapest of all non-cheaped-out LPs) costs arround 2000$. Used ones go for arround 1000-1500$.

9. marksoundguitars

marksoundguitars Chief Paint Sniffer MLP Vendor

10. BBD

BBD Senior Member

This is what bugs me. Why the hell not get a second-hand 50s Tribute or somesuch?

11. T00DEEPBLUE

We'll be the judge of that. :photos:
    So that makes it okay to buy fakes then?

BBD likes this.
  12. BBD

BBD Senior Member

There you go: The Cars. Not exactly metalcore.

13. Dawis67

Dawis67 Junior Member

Because 50s tribute has no binding, some ugly printed on gibson logo and faded finish (maybe not 2017 models).

14. Dawis67

Dawis67 Junior Member

Yes it does make it ok. I wouldnt have bought a Gibson either way at that point.

15. BBD

BBD Senior Member

This doesn't make it okay to buy a fake.

T00DEEPBLUE likes this.
  16. T00DEEPBLUE

So that makes it okay to buy a fake then?

I think a more valid question would be if you have any right to complain about the 50's tribute guitars being cheap when you own a fake that's made with a pallet grade mystery meat wood with a paper thin veneer on the top and back to hide it.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

endial and BBD like this.
  17. BBD

BBD Senior Member

Why not spend your money on a legitimate product then? Why prop up a dishonest and parasitical industry that steals IP and peddles crap products?

bungle likes this.
  18. BBD

BBD Senior Member

A bizarre case of dual standards. Or none at all.

19. Dawis67

Dawis67 Junior Member

Mystery meat wood, veneer?, Im sorry man, we are not talking about Epiphones here.
    As i said, budget and curiosity. The thing is if gibson cant make a product that satisfies my needs for a price that i can afford, im not gonna buy from them. Other brands do just fine selling great spec guitars for the same cash/less as Tribute. Tribute on the other hand is a sad excuse for an LP. Where is the binding, and whats with the cheaping out on parts? Chinese folks dont care what they make. Hell you can probably ask a chinese guitar luthier to make a dildo with a gibson logo and they will do it. What they want is money so its not necessarely their fault the Chibson industry is doing well. People buy them. Why?, because Gibson, just like those Chinese people, want money. They dont give a rats ass about Les Pauls legacy or whatever that guitar meant to him. They are cashing in on his success. Gibson has recieved quite a bit of critisism for their quality in the recent years. The same for their choice of product line. Some people who have owned Gibsons have said Chibsons are a pretty close tie. Its the market that decides what they want. If Gibson is too expensive people find other alternatives or just dont buy at all. You dont see Jackson guitars or Strats being faked (yes there are a few but its nothing compared to LP). Strats are very affordable so people have little to no interest in chinese cheap strats.

I guess you can say my main reason to get a chibson was the circumstances and logic. Why would i, as a student, spend a lot of cash on a guitar that i can get for less cash. Sure the quality isnt the same by any means but its close enough for me to be satisfied with it.

20. BBD

BBD Senior Member

And you are enabling this. Which I would suggest is not a morally neutral act.