No Longer Receive Email Notification

Discussion in 'Front Desk' started by hipofutura, Jan 18, 2010.

1. 10guitars

10guitars Senior Member

I'll add my voice to those who no longer get email notifications about anything - neither new posts nor PMs. I have my own domain name. It stopped I guess around the time of the server change. A bummer because I missed a couple of important PMs from a member I'm buying and selling with.

2. 10guitars

10guitars Senior Member

Is there an administrator that can take a look at this problem? I've done just about all I can think of to try and fix it at my end, including toggling my "notification" preferences, logging out and back in, toggling the prefs and logging out and back in, deleting cookies. Nothing seems to work - I just don't get email notifications of PMs or of new posts in threads to which I'm subscribed.

IanG

3. Metamatic

Metamatic Senior Member

Well, I'm getting PM but still not e-mail notifications. It's frustrating to miss all the replies and I have to manually to in to every thread to check if there are new posts.

4. -=[Shifty]=-

-=[Shifty]=- Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

Gosh, have you folks ever heard of the "user cp", on the upper left of the screen?
    When you click on that, it lists all your subscribed threads with new posts.
    Just sayin'.

5. Micky

Micky Senior Member

Just click on 'New Posts' near the top of the screen.
    Threads you have replied to have a white arrow on the left.

6. -=[Shifty]=-

User CP....that shows only updated threads you have replied to.

7. 10guitars

10guitars Senior Member

Yep, use that all the time. But it would make life much simpler if the system just worked the way it's supposed to. I don't automatically think, every day: "Hmm, I'd better go to the MLP forum to see if someone's PM'd me!".

Just sayin'.:)

8. Metamatic

Metamatic Senior Member

In my case when clicking User CP I get this:
    There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period.

So what I have to do now, since the e-mail notification gave up, if there are new posts, is to enter my profile, click on "show all statistics", then click "show all posts" by me and scroll through every single posting to see if there are replies. A little lengthy if you ask me. :laugh2:

9. -=[Shifty]=-

Well, if it says "There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period.", it means that nobody has replied to any of the threads you are subscribed to. :thumb:

10. 10guitars

10guitars Senior Member

I wonder whether I might try resigning from the forum and then rejoining.:hmm:

It's a drastic step I know, as I would then have to build up some posting history to gain privileges. But I love my regular dose of MLP, and it's a drag to be occupied elsewhere, then visit MLP after a few days and see a pile of PMs and thread replies stacked up that I wasn't made aware of.

11. 73Custom

73Custom Senior Member

i've given up hope on receiving emails... i just come look at my subscribed threads every so often.... :(

12. 73Custom

73Custom Senior Member

i got a new email address and changed it here. Now I am receiving emails again...

13. 10guitars

10guitars Senior Member

I'm gonna try that.

14. tele52

tele52 Senior Member

I think I'll try that as well.

15. 10guitars

10guitars Senior Member

Hey! It works! Now to change back to my original address!

16. tele52

tele52 Senior Member

I changed email address, let's see if it worked.

17. nwobhm

nwobhm Senior Member

I changed my email today and received a reply notice. Now, I'm just afraid if I change back it won't work! 10guitars did you try it?:fingersx:

18. 10guitars

10guitars Senior Member

Hhmmm. Yep, changed back to my old email address and... no notifications, which is why it's taken so long to reply. Grrr! I'll change yet again to confirm that it's the address causing the problems - must be my ISP. Bit of a drag as they're the largest ISP in New Zealand! :lol:

19. Nigel T.

Nigel T. Senior Member

I changed my email to my home address, and received no re-activation mail. Changed it back t my usual address, and no re-activation mail. I ended up emailing Alex from the "Contact" page, and he re-activatted my account. His email did get through to the normal address though.

20. Metamatik

Metamatik Junior Member

The very same thing happened to me. But I still don't have access to the forum. Can't post, can't PM so I had to activate a new account under the name Metamatik instead of Metamatic. Gotta mail Alex about it.