Nik Huber Krauster II Custom - Beat Blue - Only @ Eddie's!

Discussion in 'Sponsor Classifieds' started by notoperational, Jul 9, 2015.

1. notoperational

notoperational MLP Sponsor

Hello everyone! I am really excited about this guitar, so please excuse my horrendously long post about it... But, it has a cool story behind it with some background on Nik and Eddie's Guitars. Very, very excited to have this in the store!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Nik Huber Krauster II 'Custom' - Beat Blue
    Eddie's Guitars Exclusive
    $5,705 shipped!

Back at the Winter NAMM show we took a similar guitar off of Nik's hands for our inventory and loved it so much, that we decided to order another one for store stock after it sold (and it went within a day of arriving at the shop). To give a little bit of back story as to how this Krauster came to fruitation, Nik is a humongous Foo Fighters fan and built the first model to use in his Foo tribute band in Germany (seriously!). Pretty crazy story right? Certainly explains the color, which was chosen to be comparable to Dave's signature Trini Lopez.

The main differences between this and a 'normal' Krauster II (like these are "normal" guitars in any capacity) is that it is decked out similarly to a Les Paul Custom, so you could maybe call this a Krauster Custom if you wanted to. It features mother of pearl inlays from the first fret down, an ebony fretboard and it also has a double bound body.

The only difference that I can find from this and the one we had from the NAMM Show is that this neck is not finished and allows the flame maple to be shown. It is still loaded with the most excellent Harry Häussel pick-ups and features the impeccable workmanship of Nik Huber, truly a dynamic duo to say the least. The Häussel pick-ups scream with a very articulate, fat, and punchy voice.

All in all, if you are a fan of Nik's work or if you have been curious and never tried it, this guitar tantalizes the senses. To sum up in a short sentence, this guitar has outstanding resonance and acoustic volume with a tremendous voicing, that is carried over by some of the best pick-ups in the world. What's not to love?

Thanks for looking!

Cheers
    - bk
    314-781-7500
    brett@eddiesguitars.com
    www.eddiesguitars.com

8 people like this.
  2. Wraptail

Wraptail MLP Vendor

That's bad a$$.

3. El Pablo

El Pablo Senior Member

I REALLY like that.

4. JMB1984

JMB1984 Premium Member

I saw the one from NAMM on YouTube and was pretty excited to see binding on it.

I hope you keep these orders up because I know I would like to grab one of these down the line. Someone will be lucky to grab this one!

5. notoperational

To say the DAMN least!!!

Me too! Nik's guitars honestly set a new standard for me in terms of set-neck instruments. It's really hard for me to get pumped up much anything else. This model specific is one of my all-time favorites, especially appointed like this!!!

Oh yeah!!!

I liked this so much... I talked to Ed and he let me spec out and order TWO of these, but I did it's sister guitar in Inverness Green!!! Really excited to see that one when it shows up, it will literally be the only Krauster II in that configuration and color in the world, ever (at least until I sell it and reorder... Or purchase for myself and reorder :D ... A boy can dream right?).

I CANNOT say enough good words about Nik's guitars and his company in general. As things are seemingly getting more and more expensive, it's a no-brainer to me to consider his guitars. I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen them on here, as this is the go-to place for set-neck instruments (IMO). Nik's absence is absolutely criminal. If anything, I hope people see these guitars and research what he is about. He is VERY under the radar to the mainstream and builds a very small amount of guitars a year by comparison, but his guitars are truly superb works of playable art.

1 person likes this.
  6. THDNUT

THDNUT Senior Member

Krautster :thumb:

2 people like this.
  7. JMB1984

JMB1984 Premium Member

Inverness green sounds pretty cool too! I have heard that there is a pretty long wait for their guitars, which might be why we don't see enough of them on the forums. Not sure if that is still the case. I wonder if they will also do a version with a rosewood board and trapezoids? Could also be pretty cool. The timing isn't right for me, but I would love to have this one! Hopefully a member grabs it!

8. notoperational

I'm sure they would, but I haven't seen one like it. I know he does the Orca's with inlays like that sometimes, which are more of the classic LP style (carved maple top, two humbuckers, etc).

I hope a member grabs it too, this is one that I would like to keep track of.

9. 50WPLEXI

50WPLEXI Senior Member

Damn, that's sweet!!!!

10. notoperational

11. RT60

RT60 Junior Member

I think that he simply doesn't need to trawl forums. Dealers have build slots pre-booked so they can get stuff turned around quite quickly but if you order cold from him apparently it's a 2++ year wait. They make very few but they sell every single one very quickly. Outstanding guitars. My opinion of the Krautster II is that it's the best-sounding guitar he makes, even if it's far from the "blingiest!"

Have you posted a pic of your green one anywhere? I would love to see it!

12. Curious George

Curious George Senior Member

Wow Brett... you guys have some amazing guitars on your site. I clicked for the Huber, but couldn't help checking out all the eye candy!!! (and for fellow MLPrs, not affiliated in the least in any way).

13. notoperational

Yeah, I'm sure that Nik has better things to do (like making guitars), but I will say it seems kind of odd that there aren't more people actively posting about them on MLP.

The simplicity of Krauster II I believe is what makes it so great. It's really nothing fancy in terms of it's function. Two pick-ups, a wrap around bridge and not a bit of bull****. I've played some scary Hubers, so it's hard for me pass that same judgement... But, I'll say this. When I'm in the mood for some searing humbucker tones at the shop, a Krauster is what I'm grabbing for three outta four times.

The Inverness is still in the oven!!!

Thank you!

14. RT60

RT60 Junior Member

Sheer numbers, I think... they only build 100 or so a year, right? Just not that many people with 'em and those that do are spending too much time playing them and not much time online. :D

I shall wait patiently. :)

15. notoperational

You and me both! We also just got in another Krauster II, in platinum. The color is somewhat similar to this, but with my silver instead of blue. This one isn't as fancy, but still an outstanding guitar.

16. RT60

RT60 Junior Member

Sweet. If I were in the market for one at the moment though that blue one would be pretty high up the shortlist. It's gonna make someone very happy!

17. notoperational

Definitely will! The Platinum one just sold yesterday, that was quick!

18. notoperational

She is gone! Now we wait for the Inverness to show up... :D

1 person likes this.
  19. JMB1984

JMB1984 Premium Member

Whoever ended up with that one got one sweet guitar!

20. notoperational

Oh yeah he did, he has quite a few choice Hubers from me at this point. Glad it stayed local!

1 person likes this.