NGD: Unbranded Bolt-on LP Custom

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by Tanner, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Tanner

Tanner Senior Member

Saw this at Guitar Center for sale for 100 bucks and I just couldn't pass it up. Have no idea what brand it is, there's no brand on the headstock anyways. But it feels really nice, sounds great, and I absolutely love the finish on it. Won't be able to take it home til the 15th since it's on Police hold, but I snapped a couple pictures. Pickguard is cracked to hell, but I was planning on taking it off anyway. Planning on getting some cream plastics and turning it into something like Ace Frehley's old tobacco burst LP from the early kiss days. If anyone's got any information on this guitar please let me know!

Attached Files:

Gold_topped and GammyBird like this.
  2. PermissionToLand

PermissionToLand Senior Member

Could be anything. Looks Korean or Chinese, I'd bet on the latter.

3. Tanner

Tanner Senior Member

Took it home a couple weeks ago, been playing it a hell of a lot since then. This thing plays and sounds very very well, much better than I expected. Switched out the plastics and knobs though and took off the pickguard. Looks a lot better. Put the old black speed knobs on my Greco SG which has had mismatched knobs for a while. Plus the pickguard was broken anyways and there were two switch chips stacked on top of each other for whatever reason. Kinda going for Ace Frehley's old 73 Deluxe kinda look with this, though. Not sure if the pickups are stock or not, but they appear to be Mighty Mite 1800 Super Studs. Regardless, they sound pretty damn good.

[​IMG]

4. thatF-INGflyingVguy

thatF-INGflyingVguy Senior Member

5. ThirdStone

ThirdStone Junior Member

Looks really nice, especially after the things you changed.

6. Gold_topped

Gold_topped Senior Member

I'll give you $100 :)