NGD - Time to change my signature

Discussion in 'Fender' started by penguinchit, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Mule Train

Mule Train Senior Member

I'm picturing an Alpaca blasting down the freeway.

2. penguinchit

penguinchit Senior Member

Obviously in a convertible. Hair flowing in the wind, ears back, drool hitting the windshield behind me!

To get this:
    New Tele.JPG

And now my 2nd set up looks like this:
    Tele set up.JPG

The only difference between this and my first set up is my Studio.

First impressions of the guitar -
    Action is a little high but I can get that lowered.
    I like the tone better than the American Standard Telecaster I've been playing (buddy let me use it while it's for sale) - it's not as bell-like, but it's fuller and closer to humbuckerish, without losing the single coil sound.
    The color and finish are flawless. As soon as I opened up the case, I thought, "This is mine. It's really mine!" Feeling pretty blessed.
    Plays very nice. Just like the other Tele above. It's easier to reach the higher frets when compared to a Les Paul.

Right now, my only planned change is adding a white pearl pickguard.

Cozmik Cowboy and Mule Train like this.
  3. Mule Train

Mule Train Senior Member

Open the case and there lies a beauty for sure. I did not realize these had the three saddle bridge, my fave. I'll wager it sounds great just plugged directly into the Junior. Very nice and happy NGD.

4. penguinchit

Thanks man. Yup, plugged in direct is just awesome. It was one of those moments...I plug it in, volume on the amp isn't very loud at all and I strum a G chord and my smile just instantly grows. Last time that happened was with my Timmy. Otherwise, it's usually just enjoying playing around and seeing what I can do, but there's not always an instant "can't help but smile" moment.

5. Mule Train

Mule Train Senior Member

Since owning my Tele I have learned different playing styles to make it mellow or to really bring out the twang. You can do a lot with a little on these guitars I have found. Transferring these new found skills over to other guitars is a blast also. The rosewood fingerboard just adds to the mojo.

6. Falconbill

Falconbill Premium Member

Congrats on your new tele. Such a simple design, yet so versatile. Now all you need is a strat! :laugh2:

penguinchit likes this.
  7. Bend'n'Slide

Bend'n'Slide Senior Member

Ahhhhh...!! LPB is such a classic.

Congrats -- that's a beauty, for sure!

I always wanted a '62 RI Strat in that colour with the rosewood board. Nice! On the other hand, the one classic solid-body that I lack is a Tele; I always wanted butterscotch / black guard / maple but you're making me re-think that...

HNGD!!
    :D

penguinchit likes this.
  8. penguinchit

Thanks guys! I'm currently surfing Amazon and eBay for a white pearl pickguard. I love the LPB with white pearl combo:

[​IMG]

Time to make mine look like that...Except I might keep knobs.

Falconbill likes this.