NGD - PRS CE 24

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Tomsmenace, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Tomsmenace

Tomsmenace Senior Member

13140F69-A0E5-4028-B7A2-378BE7945970.jpeg B7DC8A82-AB43-45E5-8607-E96681657859.jpeg

OK, more pics later. I'll add 2 now but I"m at the office and after letting it acclimate I finally got my mits on it for about 10 minutes. First impression would be....for $2K Gibson should be able to produce something that felt this nice, but in my experience keep failing. I feel like my expectations just got reset. I'm hoping that feeling stays. The neck just feels right.

2. tolm

tolm Bigsby Junkie

Nice! I picked up a Mira on a Black Friday deal but it’s with PRS having a broken switch replaced at the moment ... NGD on hold!

Tomsmenace likes this.
  3. Tomsmenace

Tomsmenace Senior Member

So, this is going to have to serve as a double NGD post because the goldtop came in yesterday (60's studio tribute). They make a very complimentary set soundwise. Both play well but need a fine tune on the setup. I just restrung the CE 24 with DR Pure blues 9's and I'm much happier with it.

Also, sorry about the mess. My rec room is a wreck.

4. mmd

mmd Senior Member

Awesome!!!

Glad you are digging it. PRS makes some of the best production guitars of all time. It's not uncommon for me to take one out of the case, after it has sat for MONTHS, and barely have to tune it. The PRS is the first guitar I have been able to "forget about" while I am playing/performing - meaning, I don't need to fight it, or worry about it....all I have to do is rock out. These guitars have become extensions of my soul and creative expression. Corny, but true.

Hope you find the same with that SWEET CE24!!

horns_up, lakeburst, TravisCZ and 2 others like this.
  5. Dick Banks

Dick Banks Senior Member

Gotta love the birds! HNGD!

6. Custom53

Custom53 Senior Member

I was looking to buy the same model until a friend of mine offered me his 2015 PRS CU24 with a Floyd Rose for a Great Price. I couldn't turn it down.. 003.JPG

004.JPG

lakeburst, NewDayHappy and Tomsmenace like this.
  7. jc2000

jc2000 Senior Member

That is one nice PRS! Congrats!

Tomsmenace likes this.
  8. paco1976

paco1976 Senior Member

PRS are the best guitars out there. You buy one and the next day you're selling all your Gibsons :)

horns_up, archey, Tomsmenace and 2 others like this.
  9. NeubyWanKaneuby

NeubyWanKaneuby Senior Member

That's what happened to all my Gibsons.

horns_up and Tomsmenace like this.
  10. The General

The General Senior Member

Menace - How do you like that bolt on neck? Do you notice it, does it feel different? I've been considering a CE to complement my SE Navarro, but just not sure about the bolt on.

BTW, great looking guitar. Awesome top.

Tomsmenace likes this.
  11. Tomsmenace

Tomsmenace Senior Member

I really prefer it. One thing I always miss in a Gibson is the faster attack my Telecaster has. The neck on the PRS is very comfortable. It is the pattern thin but feels better to my hands than a typical (if there is such a thing) Gibson slim taper.

I can see how people buy these things then sell their Gibson's though. If you aren't steeped in the lore of the Les Paul it feels foolish to keep putting them on a pedal because Jimmy Page played one(or whoever).

horns_up and mmd like this.
  12. NewDayHappy

NewDayHappy Senior Member

First off, nice guitar! One day I'd like to own a PRS. I'm not going to comment on PRS vs Gibson because I've never played a PRS but I've seen how ridiculously beautiful they are.

13. Custom53

Custom53 Senior Member

I played the Core Model, the S2 model and the SE and I really liked the SE the best for the money. But I just couldn't turn down the CU24 because of the price my friend offered it to me. If he didn't offer it to me I would have for sure bought the SE model.. Congrats..!

14. horns_up

horns_up Senior Member

Yup, just ordered a CE24. Played one the other day. Awesome guitar and build quality top notch. Tired of the crap Gibson is putting out lately. I looked at 3 or 4 new Les Paul's in the store the other day.....and each one had a flaw or noticeable blemish. Pathetic. How are people still buying new Gibsons???!!?

paco1976 likes this.
  15. Hawkins

Hawkins Junior Member

What color is that?

16. Left Paw

Left Paw Senior Member

The SE line is a great value. But for me only 22s. I can't play the 24 because the pickups are too close together.