NGD... my last tele, I promise!

Discussion in 'Fender' started by brobar, Jun 5, 2017.

1. brobar

brobar Junior Member

Well... my last for a while anyways.

Received my new Squier Classic Vibe Butterscotch Blonde Tele today. I got a pretty screaming deal on it. I utilized Guitar Center's 15% off Memorial Day coupon on a "blemished" CV BSB in their outlet section. So it was discounted $80 for being a blemished guitar and the 15% off took another $48 off... so in the end it was $271 with free shipping. Woo hoo!

So I inspected it upon arrival today and there isn't a single "blemish" to be found. It is in pristine condition new condition. The only thing that I can think of that would make then consider it "blemished" is the switch cover is a bit loose (a super easy fix), or that dark spot of the knot in the grain underneath the neck on the back. But I surely wouldn't consider that a blemish... at least in my eyes. Lots of grain showing through in this one which I love.

Now it is a wee bit on the heavy side at 9.2 pounds... right at 2 pounds heaver than the CVC I have which is at 7.2 pounds. So that will be an interesting difference, but nothing I can't get used to since my Les Paul Standard tips the scales at 9.4 pounds and I can play that one for hours without any complaints. Maybe 9.2 isn't that out of the norm for the '50s CV because I'm seeing 9.3 and even 10.3 (WOW) on a few on Sweetwater's website.

I haven't had a chance to plug it in and give it a spin yet... I'll do that after work. But it looks and feels every bit is tight and nice as my CVC so I can't wait to start putting it through its paces. If it is anything like my CVC, it will require very few changes to set it up. The CVC pulled the neck right where it needed to be after swapping the 9's for 10's, and then a subtle intonation adjustment... action was nearly spot on.

These are outstanding values at retail price, killer prices at "blem" prices, and a steal at blem + 15% off prices. =)

The crappy pics just don't do it justice. I love it!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jcsk8, Benjammin and marsten like this.
  2. jay1williams

jay1williams Senior Member

Nice! Nothing like a Tele, except another Tele and even then they each get their own character over time - Congrats! :thumb:

3. Craig Sock

Craig Sock Seen my keys? Gold Supporter

Gawd I just want to touch the neck.
    Very nice. Congrats!

4. Walt_T

Walt_T Senior Member

Nice! No such thing as a last Tele, I GAS every time I see one, haven't bought one in 16 years but it's coming.

5. rikko

rikko Senior Member

Nice!

6. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

nice pair :dude:

7. Guitaraxe

Guitaraxe Senior Member