NGD: Memphis ES-LP Custom Black Beauty

Discussion in 'Historics & Reissues' started by Marshallow, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Marshallow

Marshallow Senior Member

I've purchased this a few months ago but shipped it to a friend in the USA. Fast forward to this summer and here it is. I won't keep it as I got my holy grail Custom in the meantime (CC#22) BUT I have to say it sounds really really good. It's louder and a bit more jangly but the tone is there and obviously it's very lightweight even with the Bigsby.
    For the price, under $3k, you really get a nice guitar. The neck is extremely comfortable, I'd say a bit like an R9. The pots are excellent and retain the treble when rolling off the volume. Nice action on the Bigsby, it stays well in tune. Here are some pics and a video.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jamman

jamman Premium Member

Maybe I don't understand , But are you offering it for sale Here ??? If so , It should be in the Members section ... (Ask a Mod to move it for you if so , they will)
    BTW -Nice guitar ,
    & Where's the " holy grail Custom in the meantime (CC#22)" ???? :hmm:

3. FennRx

FennRx Senior Member

:dunno:Why would you think this was a classified ad?

4. Marshallow

Marshallow Senior Member

Indeed you don't understand. I'm not offering this for sale, not here at least. Unless you're in Hong Kong (my location) it's a stretch to see this as an ad.

I figured I'd present it before thinning the herd, that's all. Don't you wanna know about these ES-LPs?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  5. jamman

jamman Premium Member

What I got from your post , you wrote , quoted ,,,, IN Yellow , Looked to me as if you were showing it to sell . That's why I asked . Since you state "YOU WONT KEEP IT" , ( My brain thinks it's up for sale) and " For a price under 3k YOU (not, I got) get a really nice guitar"....
    No offence meant , I was just trying to understand ...
    Me and my nit-picking Brain .... Hard at work ,,,,again :facepalm:

"I've purchased this a few months ago but shipped it to a friend in the USA. Fast forward to this summer and here it is. I won't keep it as I got my holy grail Custom in the meantime (CC#22) BUT I have to say it sounds really really good. It's louder and a bit more jangly but the tone is there and obviously it's very lightweight even with the Bigsby.
    For the price, under $3k, you really get a nice guitar. The neck is extremely comfortable, I'd say a bit like an R9. The pots are excellent and retain the treble when rolling off the volume. Nice action on the Bigsby, it stays well in tune. Here are some pics and a video."

6. PierM

PierM Premium Member

I don't know/care if you are selling or not, but man, THIS THING IS BEAUTIFUL!!! :Ohno::Ohno::Ohno:

7. Marshallow

Marshallow Senior Member

Right? Brad Whitford actually played that exact model during Aerosmith' last South American tour so it's gotta be decent. I actually got to play the no-Bigsby version in Tokyo and was floored how light it was and how beautiful it rang. I think I even preferred it to this Bigsby one since I'm not a big user of the wang bar in the first place. But it does look boss with a Bigsby.

8. jamman

jamman Premium Member

Now I get it .....

9. PierM

PierM Premium Member

Just pulled the trigger on this one. Just without the Bisgby. Can't wait!!! :applause:

Marshallow likes this.